1

~this is a fictional case in a fanfiction. The only character that belongs to me is Natalie, and the other originals that will show later. The other characters in this book belong to their original creators. The bit of background stories that will be included in this are a mixture of my mind and what the creators have decided (for Olivia Benson, Noah Benson, Clavin Benson, Alex Cabot, Alexis Castle, and Kate Beckett), or straight out of my imagination alone (for Bellamy Blake, Octavia Blake, Clarke Griffin, Anya Woods, Lexa Woods, Aden Woods, and Raven Reyes). Also, this is a warning of a sort: this is my idea, I already have this whole book planned (so I won't be taking ideas from others, I've seen that happen to other writers, and no thanks). Also, please don't steal my hard work. If you'd like to use an original background story or my OC, please contact me directly and we'll talk. Otherwise, keep them out of your stories. It took me awhile to research all this. Thanks. ALD♥

~~

     In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories.

~~

   The parking garage was dark and damp, lights flickering sporadically. A single man walked hurriedly over the concrete, keys in hand and briefcase clutched under one arm. His dark hair fell over his forehead as he rushed to his car, and he flipped it away with a flick of his head. He had papers to grade and a test to plan for his third-grade class before the weekend ended. He made it to his vehicle and unlocked the doors, only to be slammed against the side by something heavy. A sharp pain on his head distracted him, and suddenly he was on the ground.

   A woman lay atop him, her hands wandering over his body and tearing at his clothing. The man noticed only her hair, dark and in her face. It was too dark to see much else, even though it was barely 3:30 in the afternoon. He tried to fight her off, pushing at her shoulders and kicking at her, only to fail. The woman landed blows to his head with something in her hand, the man wasn't able to see what. She flashed a knife in her other hand and cut through his belt, yanking on his pants to lower them. She felt him up, his body instantly reacting to the assault even as he struggled to get away.

   A car beeped nearby, and voices cut through the otherwise silent space. The woman scowled and struck the man across the face before bolting, not risking getting caught to finish what she had started. The man lay still for a few moments, tears streaking over his temples as his muscles shook. He focused on catching his breath before he got up and opened his car door. He tossed his now broken briefcase into the back seat and climbed into the driver's seat. He sat and leaned against the steering wheel, silent sobs quaking through him.

   Then, still shaken from the assault, he started his car and headed towards the one place he knew he would be safe.

~~

   The front door of the three bedroom brownstone slammed shut, making Lieutenant Olivia Benson jump slightly on the couch. She set her four year old son down on the floor, handing him the toy truck she had been holding. Bellamy Blake, her half-niece Octavia Blake’s half-brother, shuffled into the living room and slumped into a chair. When he lifted his head, she barely recognised him for the bruises shadowing his face.

   “Bellamy, what happened?” Olivia jumped up and went to him, cupping his face. He just shook his head, tears in his eyes and his jaw set. She got up and went to the kitchen, pulling out a bag of frozen peas. She didn't push her honorary nephew, knowing he would say something when he was ready.