2

~~Before you go any further, lemme just point something out. This is not just about Bellamy's assault. This is a story about a woman coming home and trying to reconcile with her family. Bellamy's assault plays into this, and there's a sequal and third book being planned. They all tie into each other, so the bits like this chapter that aren't Bellamy central or Olivia central are just as important. So, please, just deal with the craziness for a bit. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Also, I'll be posting some family trees to show how everyone is related because it's kind of confusing. The above is Olivia's family, and I'll explain a bit more if you want, but the main thing is that Octavia and Natalie have the same dad, who is Olivia's older half-brother, but only Natalie was adopted. If anyone is interested in the whole backstory, I'll publish a seperate thing about it. Comment and vote, it boosts my motivation! XD ~ALD💙

~~

I78, NW, in the car: November 22

~~

Natalie Benson-Woods maneuvered the Subaru through traffic, grinning at the woman sitting next to her. Her wife, Anya Benson-Woods, belting out the song that played through the speakers without a care in the world. This state of relaxed abandonment was rare from the older woman, an FBI consultant for NYPD's Special Victims Unit. At least, she will be after Thanksgiving. Natalie was so proud of her, and of the teenager in the back seat. Ontari Forest (the seventeen year old cousin of Anya) may have been kicked out of her last school, but she was going along with this move to New York. A glance into the backseat showed Ontari recording Anya with her phone, giggling like the toddler that sat next to her in his carseat. Aden Benson-Woods was blonde like his Mama and the happiest three-year-old Natalie had ever met.

The song changed and Anya sighed, giving up her singing for the moment. She turned the radio down and turned to eye her wife. "Are you sure about this, Nat?"

"Yes. I'm mostly just nervous about how they'll react if we run into them." Natalie smiled and switched lanes, glancing in the side mirror to make sure the moving truck was still behind them. They were moving from Washington D.C. to the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Ontari's expulsion from her previous school had just made things a bit easier for them.

"New York is a big city, we might not see them at all." Anya tried for reassurance, moving to squeeze her wife's thigh.

"You mean I won't. You're going to be working under my mother." Natalie switched lanes again and threw a wane smile over. Ontari stayed quiet, listening to the conversation and playing with Aden to keep him entertained.

"Yeah, well, still." Anya squeezed the thigh under her palm again and left it there, her thumb stroking the fabric of Natalie's jeans.

The rest of the ride was silent, and soon they were pulling up to the apartment building on West 89th street. Ontari was the first out, swinging her backpack over one shoulder and then grabbing Aden out of his seat. Anya was next, making her way to the truck that pulled up behind them. She reached out and squeezed Ontari's arm on her way. Natalie was the last out, shutting her door and looking around. She walked around the car and took Aden from Ontari, kissing his head. "Hey baby boy, we're finally home!"

"Mommy!" the little boy giggled, and Ontari grinned as she hitched her pack up.

"Natalie?" a voice cut through the little huddle, and Natalie turned to face them.

Standing there on the sidewalk was the last person she expected to see. "Mom?" Natalie hitched Aden up on her hip, taking in the others standing behind her. Practically her whole family stood there, save for her younger brother Calvin, Anya's sister Lexa, and Raven's foster sister Clarke.