6 | The Wiz

" Keep your best wishes close to your heart and watch what happens. "

|Recap|

"We just need to ease on down the road," I laughed while we started to walk. Of course I had to help him.

"There it is! This is the road. Tada," I smiled.

"Come on Dorothy come on!" he yelled before leading the way.

Poor guy, he's finally smiling. That's all he needed was to believe in himself.

"Wait for me," I laughed. He was leading the way and we even began to dance.

If this is a dream, I don't want it to end.

I can't believe that all of this is happening. I have to keep reminding myself that this is just a dream.

Munchkin Land doesn't exist as well as Munchkins. I know a midget when I see one.

Witches are mean, wicked, and ugly. They're not beautiful, sweet, and kind hearted. There's no such thing as a yellow brick road and the only Emerald City I know is Seattle, Washington.

And of course, scarecrows and crows doesn't talk and scarecrows are named that way for a reason. To scare crows.

"Can somebody please wake me up?" I muttered to myself.

These shoes are still killing me. Meanwhile, Scarecrow and I as well as Toto has been walking for hours.

"You didn't tell me that this walk to Emerald City would be so long Dorothy. Feels like we've walked for decades. Or maybe it's because I've never been on the ground before."

"Sorry. Glinda the good witch of the North told me that the only way I can become a famous star is by meeting this Wizard guy who lives in Emerald City."

"What's going on?" he asked. For a scarecrow, he's sort of gangster with swag.

"Wait. Let's stop here," I mumbled. I sighed and attempted to take these ruby slippers off but I just remembered that I was told not to.

"I see you've met Glinda."

"Yes. I met her in... Munchkin Land. She told me to walk all the way to Emerald City in order to meet the Wizard because he can grant my wish and make me a famous singer."

"And he can give me a brain? I feel so stupid without one. And those crows just added fuel to the fire," he muttered.

I smiled. "Scarecrow you're not stupid. Sure you may not have a brain yet but as soon as we get to Emerald City, you'll be the smartest scarecrow ever. And I'll be an A-list celebrity. I just hope it's worth it. These shoes are driving me crazy."

"Why won't you take them off? Give yourself a break."

"I can't. Glinda told me not to. Let's just go. We still have a long way to go."

Toto led the way and he followed his lead. After minutes of walking, I dropped my bag.

"Seriously why isn't there a bus or something I can take?!" I yelled.

"Help!" a voice called out, causing me to jump.

"Dorothy, did you hear that?" Scarecrow asked.

"Help!" 

I'm not imagining this. We followed the voice but still no luck.

It's a guy I know for a fact, his voice is sort of raspy and it eventually faded in the wind.