Chapter 1

Let's get through the clichés of moving. Your dad gets a new job opportunity, gotta move across the country or internationally. You go to a new school. You make new friends. You fall in love with the cute boy in homeroom. What's more to say, besides the fact that it's the truth?

So then, I suppose it could be said that my clichés also started somewhat like the beginning of that little scenario.

~

"MUM!" It was no use even reasoning with her.

"YOU CAN'T FORCE ME TO GO LIVE WITH HIM!" Him, being my dad of course. Having the decision made without your consent to move from the UK to the US (inhabited with corrupted politicians, mind you) would cause any sane person to pleas.

It was a last moment 'change-her-mind' thing. Too bad I already told everyone that I was leaving.

"I can and I will. I don't know what you have against him, and we're going to miss our flight." The reply was typical, but I really don't know why I was surprised. The guy was a jerk. He walked out on us right after he found out that my mum was pregnant with me, yet she wants to remain civil.

"Uhh. Where is there to fucking start? He's a loner, he probably gets his dick sucked by his secretary daily, maybe has a few STD's floating in there, probably's knocked up a few chic-"

"ALEX! I will NOT tolerate this kind of language nor disrespect in my household!" Mum mode, one could call it. Nothing I even said was a lie, but she's still hung up on the same man who broke her heart so many years ago.

Apologies out of respect for my mum.

"Mum, I'm sorry. You just know how I feel about him." Highly, highly sugarcoated.

"I know, sweetie. Just do it for me, alright?" Anything for my mum. She's struggled enough financially to provide for us, I really can't take advantage of that.

"Alright.. I think you've already packed my bags too. Want me gone so quickly, yeah?" Adding a little awkward laugh to show I was joking.

"At least there'll finally be some peace and quiet around here." Mum was going to go stay with her ailing mother, also my gran. She couldn't be occupied with her and me at the same time.

"Ah.. alright. Well, ready when you are." Though I was still internally livid, I didn't make the car ride to the airport more tense than need be. I could see her occasionally glancing at me in the rear mirror, to which I smiled at her each time to show that I still loved and respected her.

"Aww. I'll really miss you.. You've really grown up quite a bit. You'll be taller than your dad next time I see you!"

"Mum.. that's because he's practically a dwarf." I snorted.

"I can't even yell at you for it.. oh, give me a hug!" I did as instructed (aha), getting out of her death grip before long.

"Now off you go. The ticket salesman is at the entrance."

What a joke! He was like 20 feet away from the entrance! Walking those 20 unexpected steps, I let him scan my order sheet and he wished me a good flight. "Not in this lifetime, mister." One could say he was definitely taken aback.

Upon setting my luggage in the designated area, I boarded the plane and sat in my refreshing window seat. Also, in the process, rating everyone that came in.

"Oh, good lord. Should have spent that ticket money on a hairbrush. 3."
"Fuckboy alert. Hot fuckboy alert. 9."
"She's cute. 10."
"Why the fuck is his hairline wavy? 4."

My thoughts were enough to keep me amused for most of the plane ride's duration. Well, apart from the sight of the newly weds to the right of my seat.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Dec 06, 2016 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Panda (girlxgirl) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें