MOM

I feel moms are an essential part of a girl's life to be honest (God bless moms whole over the world) which is why am dedicating a whole chapter to mine.

   I have already outlined the attributes of Nigerian moms in the previous chapter, so am just going to focus on my mom and certain qualities she possess. My mom is basically the only person that can annoy the shit out of me to the point i consider running away from home, don't get me wrong i love my mom and all but she needs to calm down sometimes. I can say in my 18 years on this earth, i have considered running away from home more than a million times (slight exaggeration but you get my point).

    My mom can be super nosey

lol, my mum doesn't believe in privacy, like i can in my room with the door closed just using my phone and she will literally just barge in and look around like she expects she will catch me doing evil or illegal things and i will just look at her like

and she goes, "why are you closing you door?", "what are you doing?" and i just look at and say nothing and she will look round again like she thinks i hid the evidence and she wants to find it and leave, leaving my door wide open. This annoys me to no end.

  I remember a time that i was in my room and just chatting on whatsapp, minding my own business and my mom comes into my room and sits on my bed saying nothing for a couple of minutes and then she goes, "why are you always on your phone, if you are not doing wassup (lol, that's how she pronounces whatsapp), you are on a phone call (my mom hates when in talk on the phone for a long time), who are you always talking to? After you will come and tell me your head is aching you, infact give me that phone!  And am just there confused on what i did wrong and she just takes my phone and walks out of my room.

    My mom can be such a drama queen

 I think i get this trait from my mom tho because i have to i can be a major drama queen at times. I remember one time i was sweeping and clearing the house and my mom comes in complaining about something and blaming me for it, me having been previously angered by her that morning tell her with an annoyed voice that i wasn't the one that did it, then i make the mistake of hissing. My mom looks at me with surprise and anger  prolly because i had the liver to do such a thing in her presence and the she goes,"so you are hissing at me now eh?" and i go, "no oo, i was hissing at you", then she goes, "so am deaf now right?" and am like, "no ma, i didn't say that". Before i knew it, she starting crying and shouting and am standing there like "whaaaaatttt??". She kept crying and repeating, "so you hissed at me, you are now hissing at me?" and am basically standing there looking guilty and wondering how she blew this out of proportion like this and the funny thing was i wasn't hissing at her, it was just an involuntary action. Then my dad walks in and sees my mom crying and asked me what happened and i go, "i do not know o"and he turns to my mom and asked her the same question and she answers still crying, "she hissed at me" and my dad just looks at her and says,"is that all?". Let's just say my dad didn't help matters that day.

  My mom can nag for Africa

 I don't think i stressed how much my mom nags in the previous chapter. My mom can nag about basically anything, from not greeting her properly in the morning to watching T.V for along period of time. lol, my mom hates when you spend your whole day watching T.V, with her it's just not possible, if she catches you she can nag bout it for hours and how you should use your time to read you books and get good grades (even if all have gotten are all good grades). My mom will come back from work and literally start nagging about nothing for more than 30 minutes  and when she is done she will complain she has headache and no one allows her to rest in the house.

  My mom can kill your joy

lol, this is the worst i swear. My mom will insult you to the existence you will go to your room and ponder about life, but funny enough my mom is super protective of her kids, she doesn't give room for others to insult or insinuate that there is something wrong with her children. She is always quick to defend us and cheer us up when others put us down but she can turn 180 degrees and do the same thing. So basically, no one messes with her children apart from her.

   But  with all this annoying attributes my mom has, i do not think i will have her any other ways. In the long run her ways proved effective.

 In the long run her ways proved effective