Chapter 35: Empty Spaces

Of course I go to Mads's office.  I have no self control.

As I walk down the now all-to-familiar brick hallway, I can't help but hope that Kat isn't hanging around him.  It wouldn't be unreasonable for her to be in his office.  She's his assistant.

But I feel irrationally attached to that office, as if any other woman in there would ruin my fantasy.

I poke my head around the corner into his office once I get there.

Yep, there she is, leaning on his desk and giving him a clear view of her cleavage.  He's leaning back in his chair as they chat, which comforted me a little; it doesn't seem like he's flirting back.

I sigh, come around the corner, and press my shoulder into the door frame before lightly tapping on the open door.

They both turn their heads to me and give me completely different looks.  He gives me a wide, welcoming grin, and she...well, if looks could kill.

"I'm sorry, am I interrupting?"

"We were just going over his schedule for the week," Kat gives me a fake smile which basically tells me to fuck off.  I can't read this girl.  One moment I adore her and the next she's a wannabe adulterer? 

And what the hell are you?

"So that's a yes," I ignore my thoughts and look past Kat to Mads who winks at me behind her back.  It makes me smile and blush.

He starts, "It can wait--"

"You have a giant press tour coming up," she presses him.

"Find me later?" I continue smiling and ignoring Kat.

"Of course," he says, his voice sends shivers down my body to my toes and fingers and...other places.  This room has a spell on me.

Fuck this office.

Fuck him IN this office.

Ugh.

I force myself out of the office and back down the hallway.

It's probably a good thing Kat was there.  I need to stay away from his office.  Putting my foot down on that one.

That will last all of 12 hours.

Yeah...

I take a deep breath and shake out my hands as I turn the corner and let out a long, loud sigh.  I guess I'll make my way back to Joe.

"Liv!"

My body practically erupts with pleasure when Mads calls my name.  I gasp and lean against the wall as I hear him jogging up.

Oh my God, this is totally a secluded corner of the hallway.  I need to move, this is bad, we're going to be alone in a dark nook.  But before I can really panic, he's standing right in front of me.

"Hey," I say, trying to be calm, but still breathless.  I put my hand on my hip in an attempt to be casual.

"Are you alright?" he asks.  His concerned face always makes me melt.  Melt right into his arms.  He makes me feel so safe and cared for with just a look.  Plus it just makes him look especially handsome.

It naturally makes me smile.

"Oh, yeah, I'm great actually."

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay," he lifts his hand, and he clearly wants to make the move to put it on my shoulder or my cheek.  I feel drawn to his hand and I ache for his touch, but instead he slowly retracts it.