Part 4 Jhas in Kushi's life

PART-4

In the mall’

“Arnavji, we should by some saris for Bua and some gifts for her too. What shall we buy at first?”

“Why don’t we finish off with the clothes first then we can see for some gifts.”

“O.k. Arnavji, I have to leave for the Volunteer service next week I need a permission letter from you.”

“Oh where are you going?”

“To a village and help them with the basic amendments of life and also we will be helping the students with their career choice.”

“That’s good. Come let’s get to your regular shop.”

“No Arnavji there is a new shop in the mall, they are good. Payal and Lavanya tried there.”

“O.k. then let’s see there

They finished off their shopping and left for their dinner in a posh restaurant. They were escorted to their booked table and they started to plan for the birthday party while waiting for the appetizer and by the time they finished their desserts they had planned all the events and also discussed about the following months since Arnav will be leaving as soon as she comes back from her camp for his business tour.

Kushi’s Pov:

After Bua’s birthday party I left for the camp unluckily none of my friends were with me due to the random selection and I was struck with Sheetal. She was sweet to me and we hit off really well and then she also had her brother Shyam who had volunteered to help the needy along with us he had just finished his post graduation and was working for a small firm yet he wanted to contribute towards the relief works.

As days passed Shyam started to show interest in me, it was very new to me since no one had ever showed any interest in me and he is the first man I am making a friendly relationship apart from Arnavji Akash Bhai and N.K. as he proposed me I was so happy and accepted immediately he was always sweet to me and Sheetal too would always praise he brother about his good deeds. But Shyam was so sure that Arnavji would never agree to our relationship, but I was confident that he would do anything for my happiness.

It was a day before Arnavji was supposed to return from his business tour and a month since I had approved Shyam’s proposal none of my friends seem to like shyam but I love him whole heartedly, we were at Akash bhai’s house to attend a pooja where I overheard Mrs. Sharma asking Bua why Arnavji was not yet married. Bua said that he will marry when he finds the best girl and left the place. But Mrs. Sharma caught hold of me and told me that I was a bad omen and an orphan and Arnavji is not marrying because he has the responsibility of my life and I should act according to my level as an orphan not as a Raizada. I was so hurt by her words and left the room and reached the garden and cried my heart out it was then I felt my Arnavji’s presence around me and turned to see him standing there with a confused look in his face. I ran to him and hugged him tight and hide my face in his chest this has always been my safe haven no one can trouble me here and this was my abode in my childhood too to save myself from the negativity of the world around me.

When he came to know what Mrs. Sharma has done he consoled me and it was then I realized that he is back from his tour and started to update him of the recent events since we were not able to speak as before since we were busy with our works. I also informed him that I love Shyam and want to marry him. I thought Arnavji will never give his contest to it but he surprised me by asking some time to do a back ground check on him and his family. I was so disappointed when he told me that, I couldn’t understand why but I wanted him to oppose this. Two days later Arnavji told me to bring the Jhas for a dinner get together so that we can speak about the prospective affair.

I should be happy with this meeting but I couldn’t help but feel like I’m making some mistake. I finished my dressing and started to leave my room when Arnavji too came from his room dressed in a shirt which matched my dress and a black pant and a black tie. As soon as I saw him I exclaimed that we are matching and proceeded to the garden lawn with me as usual holding his biceps and talking away a dozen.

3rd person’s Pov:

The Jhas have already reached RM and were awed by its interior more than its size their eyes had a glint of greediness which frightened Rathna to the core as now she can see why Arnav was not for the alliance. They were waiting for Arnav and Kushi to arrive, Sheetal was speaking with Rathna as she seen her before.

 “Why don’t you call them down, we are waiting for so long, actually your son should have accompanied you to welcome us.” Said Mrs. Jha.

Rathna was about to call them when they descended the stairs hand in hand with matching dress code and looking like the picture perfect couple they are. Shyam and Sheetal looked at them and at each other with meaningful eyes while the elder Jhas didn’t like the closeness between them. Rathna wanted nothing more than to make Arnav and kushi a couple.

They reached the elders in the hall and greeted them. Shyam was sitting in a double seater while the other Jhas were sitting in a three seater, Rathna in a single seater, and Arnav occupied the other double seater leaving a single seater vacant, while Kushi went to get the tea and snacks. Kushi came out followed by HP and OP who were carrying the tea and snacks, while kushi had a tray with a cup and a saucer. HP and OP started serving for the guests while Kushi sat near Arnav and served him his evening coffee and announced that his veg pakora are free from cabbage since he have an allergic reaction to it.

All the on lookers had a disapproving look including Rathna. Rathna know that it is the routine of Kushi to serve Arnav his evening snacks but today is a special day, she has to impress the Jhas but what has she done? But Kushi started to talk casually with shyam and Sheetal sitting close to Arnav drawing strength from him obvious to the glares of the three elders, while Arnav sipped the special coffee made by his kushi while the others were having the tea with a calm and calculative face while doing a happy dance in his mind. Everything is going as per his plan and he will definitely win his kushi.