Lighten Layer + Graphics

Lighten Layer + Graphics - dantalion_

A P P L I C A T I O N S U S E D :
PicsArt - handheld device
Phonto - handheld device

R E M I N D E R :
► resources used belongs to its original artists, credits are solely given to them and we rightfully disclaim ownership over said resource.
bold + italics, signifies the importance and attention for the reader's well being. it helps identify keywords to remember.
► you are prohibited to redistribute, or screenshot the graphic(s) as your own, or even remove my watermark as you do so.
► if this tutorial was able to help, and you were able to execute it — please credit me ( dantalion_ ) and this account, do not pass this style or claim it as your own. doing just so and disregarding this reminder just to benefit yourself or your own protected interested, is highly discouraged.

— How to: Apply Lighten layers to Graphics
by dantalion_

Feeling stupid? Failed an exam? You want to get high grades?

Well, sorry kiddo. That's a hopeless case for me, and this tutorial will be of absolutely no help!

Because, duh, if you haven't read the title, it obviously says: "Lighten Layer + Graphics" Is that vague? Or are you still feeling constipated or something? Well, either way, I'll be discussing how to apply Lighten Layers to graphics, and make it somehow look better than before.

First off; How does applying Lighten(ed) layers, contribute to your graphic? If you're familiar of PSDs, or Photoshop Document, you'll be able to recognize this explanation. Applying Lighten(ed) layers to a graphic, has a tad bit effect to the main subject or sometimes the background and effects. Quite similar to the effects of a PSD file.

PSD means Photoshop Document. If we edit a picture/gif using PS and then we save it as a .psd file, we will be able to edit it the next time we open it with PS ─ this means, we will be able to see all of our layers in Window > Layers ─ unless we merged them or flattened the image before saving (you'll find this in the Layer menu).

► in this particular case, we call psd a .psd file whose layers we can use to add effects to our creations. PSDs contain individual layers or groups of layers which constitute a mix of effects we call the coloring.

► usually, psds contain layers such as Hue/Saturation, Vibrance, Color Fill, Color Balance, Gradient Map, Curves, Selective Color, Levels, Brightness/Contrast... that can be found at Layer > New Adjustment Layer or Image > Adjustments. "New Adjustment Layer" adds a new layer─"Image > Adjustments" edits the layer you are on. Always use "New Adjustment Layer" if you create your own PSDs.

every single layer adds a different effect to pictures. Some of them add more or less light, or make it darker. Some of them change the colors, hightlight them, make them paler, etc.

Now that I'm done summarizing things about PSDs, we'll now be able to move on to the next portion of this tutorial.

— F O R P H O N T O

1/ ► open a basic transparent square w/ a border, if you're confused to what that is, you are suggested to check out my book; Exulansis Tutorials with the chapter; E.T. | week 2 - square + border.png to be able to understand further and apply it to your process as well.