Part 3

"The Hidden Frost Village?" Sasuke asked. "Isn't the Hidden Frost Village up on the mountains?" He pointed up the mountains and the girl's eyes widened.
"You must be the Leaf Shinobi I was informed about," she said. She put her kunai knife away and smiled at us. "Please forgive me for the rude introduction. I was just doing my duty as Guard of the Frost Village."
"It's alright" I said. "Now, could you please take us there?"
"Sorry," she said, "but I can't leave the bottom of the mountain. My partner and I are the two who guard the mountain so no intruders get there alive. We can communicate with ice and snow. Like this." She put her hands into a sign and pointed her fingers up the mountain. "Ice Jutsu: Ice Tower!!" A thin ice tower shot up from her fingers and went about as high as the highest mountain peak. We stared up at it as it disappeared about ten seconds later.
"Ice Jutsu?" I asked. "That's a new one in my book." The girl nodded.
   "By the way," she grinned. "My name is Aya Akas."
   "Nice to meet you, Aya," I said. Just then a boy around our age at 17. His messy, medium length black hair was in his face and his pale gray eyes were looking at us. He wore the same Shinobi uniform with his headband around his upper left arm.
"I came at the sign," he said. He looked at us. "Are these the Leaf Shinobi?"
"Yes," Aya answered. She looked at us. "This is Roy Ikkia. He's our strongest Shinobi. We have around 40 Shinobi in the whole Village, so limited Shinobi are allowed on missions. Roy is one of the Shinobi who isn't allowed to go on missions because he is supposed to protect the Village at all times."
"Who would want to climb a snowy mountain to get to a Shinobi Village?" I asked. "I wouldn't."
"Your right," Roy said. "But I'm the only one who is left in the Village, beside the Kazekage, of course." We stood there for a few minutes and then Roy sighed. "Shall we go up?" Sasuke and I nodded and Roy linked one of our arms through his. He made a sighed and shouted, "Ice Jutus: Ice Dragon!" A ice dragon appeared within the snow and started carrying the three of us up the mountain. We shot upward and landed on the edge of a hidden cave leading inside one of the mountains. He lead us inside and there were a few lanterns every now and then.
"It's so cold," I muttered, pulling the hood of my cloak over my head. My eyes widened as I felt Sasuke's hand on the side of my head. He pulled me towards him and we then walked side by side. Thankfully the hood covered my slightly blushing cheeks. Once we made it to the end of the cave, we saw a snow covered village in between the mountains. There were people wearing hooded coats, gloves and hats roaming around and going into shops. There was one watch tower in he middle of town. Two Shinobi were standing up in the small area up there.
"This is the Hidden Frost Village," Roy explained. "Aya and her teammate are a Chunin and I'm a Jonin. The other Shinobi in the village are also Jonin or Chunin. We only have about 15 Genin and about 20 Academy Students."
   "Nice blend," I said, feeling the powerful Chakra. We went to the building below the watch tower and there were few Shinobi roaming around the hallways. We went to the fourth floor where the Hokage's office was. Roy knocked on the door.
   "Lady Zaria?" he asked. "The Leaf ninja have arrived."
   "Come in," a woman's voice answered. Roy opened the door and lead us inside. We entered a square room with a large desk in front of us with a few chairs in front of that and a few tables to the left and right. The woman sitting behind a few small stacks of paper had long, jet black hair and blue eyes. She wore a aqua blue dress with small aqua wedges. She smiled at us and put her right hand up. "Welcome, Leaf Shinobi," she said softly. "My name is Zaria Fukui, but call me Aria. Please, have a seat." The three of us sat down on the cushions in front of her. "Where shall I begin?"
   "Why did you need the Leaf Village's help?" Sasuke asked.
   "We have been attacked the last few weeks," Lady Zaria said. "A band of thieves has started coming in small groups of one or two, but now it's pack of 10-15. They're after our secret treasure."
   "Secret treasure?" I asked. "What is it?"
"It's a katana," Roy said. "I'm the only Shinobi beside Lady Zaria who is allowed to see it."
"Why is it so special?" Sasuke asked.
"It is the source of the ice and snow," Lady Zaria explained. "Without it, this village will perish. No ice and snow means no profit for our village to survive. We have just enough money to survive."
   "So what would you like us to do?" I asked. "We are only Chunin."
   "We though more than two ninja were coming to help," Roy asked. "Are more coming?"
   "We don't know," I replied. "Lady Tsunade only told us to go. Maybe she's sending more tonight or tomorrow."
   "Ok," Lady Zaria sighed. "I must tell you we have very few rooms available, so you'll have to share." I glanced over at Sasuke who was glancing at me. "Don't worry," Lady Zaria assured me. "I will get you your own room-"
   "It's alright," Sasuke sighed. "I needed to talk to Sakura anyways." I stared at him.
   "Roy," Lady Zaria said.
   "Yes, ma'am?" Roy asked, turning his attention to her.
   "Show these Shinobi to the empty room on floor three," she said. "It should be cleaned and ready for guests."
   "Sure," Roy said. He turned to us. "Follow me." We headed towards the door when Lady Zaria cleared her throat.
   "If forgot to ask you two something," she said. "I would like to know your names."
   "Sasuke Uchiha," Sasuke answered.
   "Sakura Haruno," I said. Lady Zaria smiled and Roy lead us out of the room. He took us down a floor and the first door on the right was a spare room. Two beds, a bathroom and two small desks. The back wall was a huge window and I ran over to look outside. The sun was setting making the snow a beautiful orangy-pink color.
"I'll come get you for dinner in about a half an hour," Roy said, closing the door. I chose the bed closet to the window and Sasuke didn't argue. I lay down, wanting to rest for a little before dinner, but Sasuke sat on the end of the bed.
"When do you think the next attack will be?" he asked. I sat up and looked at him.
"I honestly don't want one tonight," I said. "But they're most likely to attack at night."
"Lie down," Sasuke ordered. I stared at him. "Now." I didn't know why, but I did. "Now close your eyes." I sat bolt upright and smacked my head against his. I felt backwards, but he put his arm around me. He pulled me closer to him and out faces grew closer and closer together. My face was completely red, but he pulled my face closer to his. When his lips met mine, I felt like I could fly.
Nothing else mattered but the fact that the two of us were sitting there kissing.