Makeshift Colors~ Preview~ Blair

~Preveiw~

It's not like I asked Dustin to pull that stupid prank, he acted on his own free will and now I am stuck cleaning up his mess with him. Why am I even here? Dustin was the one who spilled the paint during the performance last night. Not me. "I don't think this is fair." I mumbled to myself.

Dustin shifted his eyes from the spot of paint he was scrubbing to look in my direction, I glared at him once is bright blue eyes met my gaze "Calm down Blair, it's not like you have anything better to do today."

Actually I did, Cullen was waiting for me to pick her up from the babysitter. I promised her I would take her to see her brother today. "You're right," i whispered. It was pointless to argue with an arrogant jerk like Dustin. "Just hurry up. I have to Leave here by twelve." Would someone like Dustin Reed understand how important it was for me to pick Cullen up from the babysitter?

A small smirk took over Dustin's soft pink lips "What could you possibly have to do that's so important. I mean I know a freak like you has no friends."

I stood from my spot and walked over to the mop bucket, I sigh escaped past my lips as I stared at the stage "I had a best friend," I spoke so only I could hear, or at least that's what I thought "He died when we were freshmen."

An awkward silence fell over the room as I stood over the mop bucket while my eyes stayed fixed on the small wooden door just behind the stage. It was the door that lead to the music room, back when the music club was still a club.The memories from two years ago forced their way up from the place in my mind I locked them away, and I fought even harder to push them away.

"How?" I heard Dustin ask.

"His father." I mumbled, before closing my eyes. I had to focus all my energy on not remembering that night. The night I lost my best friend, and Cullen lost her brother. I squeezed my eyes tighter and willed the images of Cyrus's lifeless body to leave my mind.

"Do you know the story of Cyrus Kamp ?" I asked, the images I wanted to leave my mind became ten times clearer once I spoke his name out loud. I saw him lying on the concrete ground with his father standing over him. I remember the feeling of Cullen's tears against my skin as I forced her head into the crook of my neck so I could block her vision.

The sound of a sponge being thrown into the mop bucket brought me back to the present right before I lost it. Dustin almost saw me have a meltdown. I took in a deep shaky breath at the same time I opened my eyes. Tears threatened to fall from my eyes but I blinked them back.

From behind me I could hear Dustin shuffling, like he was standing up or something. "No," I hear him walk closer "Will you tell me?" He asked. A few moments later I felt tingles run up my arm from where his hand rested on my arm. I pulled away at the surprising comfort i felt from Dustin's touch. The only other person who I ever felt that way with was dead.