[ thirty nine ]

A/n: Listen, I know Nickelback is like the biggest meme band BUT this song is cute and it fits this chapter so were gonna roll with it 

* * * 

Sunday 12:45 pm

After Stiles and Pretty Girl had packed up their belongings and clumsily stuffed their tent back into its bag, they were finally off. A couple of texts to their parents assured them that this was okay, and now they couldn't keep the grin off their faces. 

Stiles pulled out of the camping grounds and back onto the road, unsure on where it would lead but excited nevertheless. 

Pretty Girl turned on the radio; an overplayed cheesy pop song was playing, and for a moment the pair simply sat in silence and listened until Pretty Girl eventually started singing along, quietly at first. 

Then Stiles joined in, belting out the lyrics at the top of his lungs. His awful off-key singing had Pretty Girl in hysterics, her holding her stomach while she doubled over in her seat. 

"You're mad," She gasped out. 

Stiles grinned, "C'mon, join me! You wouldn't believe how great it feels to just scream the words." 

And so Pretty Girl did join him, screaming words of heartbreak and tapping her foot along with the beat while not caring how she sounded at all. Stiles was right. It was so relieving to just scream, knowing there was no one else to hear. 

Once that song had ended, a more upbeat and dance orientated followed it. Pretty Girl's eyes lit up, turning the volume up far too much as she turned to Stiles excitedly, "Pull over!" 

Stiles quirked an eyebrow at her, but obliged. Once he'd parked the Jeep on the side of the road, Pretty Girl wasted no time working to get the Jeep's door open. 

"What are you doing?" Stiles asked, watching her curiously as she climbed out of the Jeep. 

"Come dance with me!" She exclaimed, hands above her head as she spun around carelessly on the side of the road.  

"Now you're the mad one," Stiles chuckled, but joined her anyway. He hopped out, dancing terribly as he made his way over to her. She held out her hands, him gladly taking them. 

They spun around together, showing each other their terrible dance moves while laughing at the same time. This is what its like to feel like you're on the top of the world, Stiles decides. 

Eventually the song comes to an end, but neither pull apart from each other. Their hands are still clasped together, resting by their sides. Their faces are close, but Stiles doesn't feel like he needs to kiss her. 

He simply enjoys being so close to her, to study the little features that make up her face. 

Then, Pretty Girl suddenly mumbled, "I want to break it off with Theo," 

"What?" Stiles said in disbelief. 

She smiled gently at him, her shoulder shrugging, "You've shown me what real love looks like, Stiles. Now I don't want to settle for anything else. For anyone else." 

Stiles definitely feels as though his heart is going to burst right out of his chest but once he manages to get his heart beat back to a normal pace, he kisses her gently on the forehead and they simply keep dancing.