Chapter 21: Replicas' Link & Nicolas' Past

My mom's unconscious body was laying on the long couch in Cloud's living room. Cale and Calum were knelt beside her, hands above her body, healing her wounds and whatever damage Azra did to her physically and mentally. Theirs eyes were closed and a white light surrounded theirs hands.

Not so far from them, Nova was sat on a single couch, drinking red wine in a big glass. Frederick was standing near the doorway alongside with Rain. The latter was on guard and his body was tensed. I knew that it was all because of Alexandro's presence in the room.

My eyes were fixed on my mom. I was sweating and my hands were slightly trembling and I could not figure out why. Maybe it was because of the fear that I felt. Despite the fact that my mom and I were now in a more safe environment, that was Cloud's house, I still feared for her life. And maybe it was also because of the news that Alexandro threw at my face about one hour ago.

I was no longer human, he had said. Now, I was wondering how that was possible. I was sure that when I woke up this morning, everything was normal about me. I wanted to believe that it was still the same right now, that I did not have any powers but I could not deny the fact that I felt...different.

When I realised that my mom was at the verge of death, when I saw that she was in pain, I was feeling so hopeless and weak. I wanted to do something. I felt so angry and scared. And when Azra annonced that only one second remained before my mom would be dead, something just exploded inside of me.

I could not explain it. I just knew that it happened and I could not control it nor stop it. Was it my sudden new powers breaking free? That was so unbelievable, I could not grasp that idea, I could not process the news.

So many things happened already, so many crazy and shit things. I accepted all of them at some point but that, having powers, somehow I could not accept it. I liked being human, being normal. My whole world changed unexpectedly but I was glad to be still myself. Though, now it was different, I was different.

The twins finally opened theirs eyes and they stood up. I looked at them, impatiently waiting for them to say something.

"She should be fine now," Calum told me at last, "We healed all of the damages caused to her body. Now she just needs to rest for some hours."

"Thank you so much," I told them sincerely as I went to sit beside my mom. I touched her bloody face and then took her hand before placing a kiss on it.

"Whatever happened to her, someone should erase her memory before she wakes up," Cale advised me and I nodded in agreement.

"Let me do it," Alexandro suggested.

"No way," Frederick protested before I could say something, "You are not touching my aunt and you are surely not getting in her head. Rain will do it."

"I am not the enemy," Alexandro reminded him, "I am here to help. I'm on your side."

"Your dad is our enemy," Frederick exclaimed, "Sorry if it is hard for me to trust you so easily."

Alexandro remained quiet and he just stared at my cousin who gave him a hard look. Rain walked to my mom and placed his hands on her head. I watched him attentively as he started to erase my mom's memories of the day. What was I going to tell her when she would wake up? I knew how it was to have your memory erased. It was like having a blank space in your head. I would have to create a fake story and also, take some safety measures.

I needed to protect my mom, my parents. God, now that I realised it, I hoped that my dad would not get home so soon. Alexandro and I left the house in a complete mess. It would be bad if my dad saw all of that.