The ride home.

We are led to a car. I pull Selecia onto my lap as she and i cry tears of relief. As the car begins driving we drift to sleep after years that we haven't been in a car.  I suddenly jerk awake when a hand lands on my shoulder. I immediately flinch away as she touched my burns. She notices and crouches in front of me. " my names Lily. I will be the one who takes care of you and watches out for you during recovery. You will be staying here for two weeks. While we set up your new home and everything else. You can tell only a couple people that you are back. you will be going by Isadora Jacobson and Selecia Jacobson. Did you guys do any form of school with that guy. What was his name."  " His name was Blake. We took online classes. I should be in college now.  Blake Said it wasn't necessary.That he would take care of me. I want to see my mom."  " Oh,honey. They are inside. Both of your family's." With that both me and Selecia Jumped out of the car and ran to the new house that we would stay in for the rest of the month.                                                                                                         Half way there i was pulled into the chest of my mother. As i looked into her hazel eyes i could see how much she had aged. I looked around for my father only to see he wasn't here. " where's dad?" my mother looked at me with a face so full of sadness that i knew he was gone.  I began to sob. As i realized i would never see him again. When my mother spoke she confirmed my thoughts. " Isa, He passed a year and a half ago from a heart attack. Baby i'm so sorry." I wiped my eyes and went to Selecia to see her crying as well. She was slumped on the ground it seemed as her heart was breaking. 

     I walked up to her And pulled her into my arms i began to sing. As i comfortingly rubbed her hair. I looked up to see my parents and her's as well watching me with wide eyes. I thought to myself they shouldn't be so surprised. I was all she had for two years." Selecia baby, What's wrong. Honey don't cry." She began to shake. Then started screaming " NO BLAKE. DON"T HURT HER" My heart broke as i realized she was once again having flash backs. She began to thrash and i laid her on the ground and grabbed her wrists in mine gently. Wincing as i moved my wrist.  " Selecia. Listen to me. It's over. I'm okay. Don't worry honey. I'm okay. I won't leave you." My surroundings faded as i comforted her. I looked into her eyes as i spoke. They slowly became less glossy. I pulled her into my lap and began to sing once again . I picked her up and walked towards the nearby couch. I laid her down and crawled beside her. I forgot everyone around me as i sang her to sleep. Once she was asleep i drifted off myself. 

         Me and Selecia were getting ready for bed when Blake walked into the room and grabbed Selecia by the hand and dragged her out of the room towards the cellar. As i realized the direction they were headed, I screamed Blake NO. I ran after them. Grabbed Selecia by the hand and pushed her behind me. Blake was outraged. He charged toward me and jerked my hair causing me to fall forward. He dragged me to the cellar door and pushed me down the stairs.  I rolled down and down repeatedly hitting my head on the stairs. Until i  landed on my back groaning in pain . I looked up expecting to see Blake walking down the stairs but instead saw him slam the door shut. What happened next sent shivers down my spine I heard a distinct sound of a lock turning. AHHHH!!! Selecia's shrill scream peirced the air. " Isadora help!!!" I dragged myself upstairs as i rushed to help. I turned the knob of the door confirming my fears it was locked. I heard Selecia screaming in agony. I banged and pushed on the door with all my weight. Fearing for Selecia. I knew from experience Blake gave no mercy. "selecia. I'm trying." Tears streamed down my face as i banged and pushed against the door trying to reach her. He then opened the door and i ran towards Selecia. Her face was swollen. She was limping as she cried in agony. I rushed to her side. Then turned to Blake. "  You selfish conceited idiot. Don't you see the pain we are in. You say you wanted a family. Yet to get one you took us away from ours. We will never be your family." i turned back to Selecia just in time for her to pass out into my arms. I tried to wake her gently but it wasn't working. I checked for a pulse and noticed there wasn't one." Selecia. Wake up now. Your gonna be okay. SELECIA!!!" I screamed this over and over. Through my tears as i realized she was gone.

       " Wake up, Isadora." I opened my eyes to see Selecia hovering above me as i saw it was her i tackled her with hugs. I broke into sobs. I looked up to Selecia and said " it was just a dream your alive. He killed you. I thought you were dead. " I broke down as i hugged her to my chest. My mother crept towards me and said " Honey, He can't get you anymore. We are in the witness protection program." A sudden revolting feeling in my stomach had me rushing to the bathroom. As i puked my guts up i got a glimpse of a box of tampons and suddenly had a horrid thought. "SELECIA. HELP. " I began whispering to myself as she crouched in front of me saying your fine. And asking what was wrong. " It's probaly just a flu I'll be fine." As i said this Selecia caught on and screamed. " no that's not possible. NO ISADORA. JUST NO." We were both clinging to each other sobbing. I looked up to my mom and said " I need a pregnancy test."                                                                                                                                   Everyone gasped as they realized what was going on. My mom rushed out of the room and grabbed her keys and left. She came back ten minutes later with two tests. I made Selecia help me as i followed the instructions on the box. After three minutes i looked at both tests. I collapsed onto the ground as i saw the results. I was pregnant. With Blake or Chads child. The worst part is i didn't even know who's child it was. I was terrified. I thought it would be so much easier if i could just die. I looked at Selecia and said " do you ever wish you could just die. We just got our family back but i would be with my dad. I don't want to live with the constant reminder of him. I just want to die it would be so much easier." Selecia looked at me with tears in her eyes then said " I'm in. My sister died last month. She was the only one who really cared about me anyway. Lets do it. Go to a better place." " Selecia, We need to write a note explaining why. Lets go get a paper and pen." We exited the bathroom. Our parents were sitting on the sofa. We turned to them and i said " I'm Pregnant. I need to be alone." Everyone gasped and tears streamed down their faces. I showed no emotion because i knew it would be over soon. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a sharp knife as i slipped it into the waistband of my jeans. I turned and said " Selecia i'm ready lets go. We walked towards the bathroom. " Lets sit in the bathtub. We will both slip our wrists. Ten times deeply. Do you want to cut your own or for us to do each others. " " Each others." We sat in the bathtub. I grabbed the notebook and wrote.

    Dear everyone this effects.

   WE are sorry we can not live with the constant reminder of our torture. We feel the only way to leave it all behind is death. We love you all. Forgive us please. You were the best families we could ask for. 

                                                                                                                   Thank you --- From Isadora and Selecia

            I put the notebook on the sink. And climbed back in the bath. I looked at Selecia and said " If you want to back out you can but if not. I'll see you on the other side." Selecia looked at me and Replied " Of course i want to. I can't leave you." She picked  up the knife and made ten deep long cuts up both my arms. When she finished she kissed my forehead and passed me the knife. I took it from her and made the same exact cuts on both her arms. She then laid in my arms and we closed our eyes. Seconds before i passed out the door opened. I looked to see my mother she began screaming soon we were being lifted that's when i passed out. But only after seeing Selecia already knocked out.