Christmas Morning

6:00 AM 
December 25, 2024
Christmas Day
Boykevich Manor.

Ben get's up early and begins preparing breakfast for the entire family.  He wasn't lying to Chloe when he said he could cook, his best meals wore pancakes and omlette's which was Sarah's favorite.  She loved the blue berry pancakes the best because she could pick them herself since they had several blue berry bushes surrounded their ranch.  Ben found a small bag of blueberry's in the fridge, and used the blueberry pancake mix in the pantry to begin.  He made sure to clean as he worked as he did back home to save time.  One of the lesson's a single father has to learn is you have to do three things at once or nothing get's done.  He then took an entire box of eggs and began making the omlette's with goat cheese he found in the fridge.  He realized that Camille had bought this to make Leo eat healthy.  When he chopped peppers, onions, and added a few olives to one because that was what Karen loved.  He then put the food on a platter on the oven to stay warm.  He then went back to his old room, and quietly looked at Sarah, who was still sleeping thanks to the long journey she had, and the big night of seeing him after so long, and meeting her Aunt Chloe, and also her ....grandparents.

Ben stood and thought wondering what meeting Leo last night could change for Sarah, but he hoped it would not be much.  He meant what he told Leo he had no intention of letting Leo into his life after all that happened, he wouldn't let what happened to him repeat with her.  But that was something he would have to save for later, today was Christmas, and today was about giving Sarah a good Christmas even if it were here in California.  He knew Sarah would be disappointed not having the ability to build a snowman like they did in Montana, but he decided last night he would do something else.  He went into his old closet and opened a small box that he had hoped no one had disturbed and found an item he hadn't seen in years.

Ben: Hello, old friend. (pulled Mr. Bear from the thick plastic bag he placed it in ten years ago, to never be seen or used again.  He never imagined after Mercey he would have  children again, now this item was needed again.)

Sarah: Daddy ..... (groggy from sleep)

Ben: Morning Baby.....

Sarah: It's Christmas!!!

Ben: I know, and have you been a good girl?

Sarah: Yes,....(Eager hoping to have something, worried Santa had left all of her presents in Montana)

Ben: Well then, I guess this must be for you. (gives her Mr. Bear)

Sarah: He's perfect Daddy.

Ben: Now, this is a special friend.

Sara: Really?

Ben: Yes, really.  His name is Mr. Bear and he is very old, and back when daddy was your age, even younger he used to be mine.  My mother gave him to me and said he would be my friend until I didn't need him.  But Daddy got older, and one day Mr. Bear told me that I was too old to play with him.  So he told me that he wanted to sleep, but he would always be there to listen  when I needed him.  He also said that one day when I had my own kids he would be ready to play again.  I was going to give him to your sister, but..... I never got to. Now, I'm giving him to you.  He is a gift from me, your grandmother, and your sister.

Sara: Thank you Daddy....(hugs her father tightly for the lovely gift)

Ben: Now let's go down stairs, I'm sure Santa left you some presents as well.  (having went to the rental car, and his suite and gotten the gifts he, and his family had for her earlier)

Sara: Okay.  (finds her Pony Slippers jumps into Ben's arms and they both go down stairs as everyone else is waking and leaving their rooms)