Wrapping Up The New Year

In this wrap up we find Omar/Ricky have both asked forgiveness from Amy and Adrian for how they acted.  Omar realizes all he needs is to say sorry, and give Adrian a gift and make everything okay, because Adrian has never really been that hard to please even though he threatened to cheat on her.  He did that to weaken Adrian's resolve as he always does, by forcing Adrian to face her greatest fear, the threat of being alone.  Although many RAMY FANS claim Ben manipulates people like  "RAMY FANS" from TUMBLR.  It was actually Omar/Ricky who would do that to Adrian when ever they broke up with her.  By leaving Adrian alone they make her vulnerable to them so they use it to their advantage.

Amy was a lot harder for Ricky, especially since Amy is much stronger than Adrian in that way.  But Amy's ego has always been her biggest weakness.  Ricky apologizes for what he said, and getting angry.  He places the blame for all their problems on Ben, even though Ben had nothing to do with the situation.  Amy not wanting to be blamed for keeping secrets, and doesn't want to just be alone on "New Years" especially since they haven't even gone to the therapist agree's to forgive him.  She also doesn't want to admit she should have told him that she slept with Ben.  But being able to blame someone else for at least some of the problems she and Ricky were having was a relief, and in all fairness to her this was Ben's fault for coming back, and forcing them all to look at the state of their own lives.

While Omar was gone, he went to see his brother who was now living with another girl.  He told Dante about Lauren's budding romance with 3-Jay and advised him if he truly wanted her back, he should do something quickly.  Dante really did want Lauren back, but deep down he knew she didn't feel the same way.  However he wanted to try anything to get her back.  He also told Omar he shouldn't be so mad at Ben for everything since in the end he got Adrian.  In all fairness Adrian was loose back then.  Omar is angry at this and tells him to butt out of his relationship with his wife.  But Dante reminds him that he was with Adrian first, and whether he liked it or not Adrian used sex like a band aid.  This causes Omar to hit him, and he leaves to stay with his parents.  He talks with his mom, who although never met Ben spoke with Margaret about Ben, and decided she didn't like Ben either.  However her husband reminded both that whoever Ben was, stayed out of Omar and Adrian's relationship while they lived in a home being paid for by his family.  He also hasn't interfered in their life, even though Omar's livelihood was given to them by his father.  He warns he shouldn't be so angry especially since there was no telling if Ben would one day take control of the company.

During the lunch with Rueben, Ben becomes angry because he is ambushed by both George and Rueben about his relationship with Leo.  Both argue that Ben needs to be more considerate of the situation since Leo truly was sorry for how things turned out.  Unfortunately this got an even more negative form of Ben who in so many words tells both of them to "BUTT OUT OF HIS BUSINESS".  He reminds them that they have no right to interfere in anything that happens between he or his father.  They both remind him, Rueben in particular they were once family, and that should mean something.  Ben angrily reminds him it didn't mean anything to any of them and his daughter's grave was proof of that.  Neither he or his wife, or his father, and Camille, and not even Adrian had ever bothered to visit her grave after he left.  He also reminds them that like their children they also profited from their relationship with him by his father. 

Both George and Rueben are offended by this, and become angry that Ben was implying they used him to get close to Leo's money.  Ben however reminds them they could not deny they did either.  He let's them know he was doing what he had to do to protect his daughter and that was all.  When they both argue they understood Ben ask's them how could they understand, how hard it was to be a good father.  He reminds Rueben he walked out of Adrian's life before she was even born, and then turned her away when she first found him.  This shocks, and hurts Rueben to remind him of how he treated Adrian.  He reminds George of how he cheated on his wife, and tried to steal another man's child during the situation.  Not to mention how in the beginning how he loved him then loathed Ricky until his father started taking care of Ricky.  This anger's George on how Ben could be so cruel to remind him of this.

Ben said he would not apologize because neither of them had any idea how difficult it was for him to leave his child to come back to Glenn Valley to help Leo from a problem Ricky created.  It was not his job to continuously fix all the problems that other's created.  No matter how they tried to claim they gave a shit about him, their actions spoke louder than words.  He was grateful to Rueben for how he tried to help with the school fire, but in the end, he was on his own.  He didn't need that to be Sarah's life as well.  In the end Leo was no different, because Leo rewarded all of their children for everything they did, but made him feel guilty for everything he did.  He never wanted Sarah to experience the shame, and pain he felt when Leo chose Ricky over him.  Especially since they all now shared their grand children with Leo.  This meant no matter how hard they tried Leo would eventually have to choose one of them over the other.  Ben knowing Leo would choose one of their kids, and claim it was the right thing because they needed him, and Leo would come up with some sob reason, and probably guilt Sarah as he did him.  This would make Sarah feel guilty and ashamed when it wasn't even her fault.  Ben honestly said he would kill Leo if he ever did something like that to her.  Rueben couldn't believe Leo could ever have possibly done something like that.  But Ben told him that Leo did that to him with Adrian.  To Leo it was wrong of Ben if he wanted to leave Adrian, but he had no problem what so ever when Adrian kicked him out of the condo.  Nor a problem when he decided to give her the condo, just because.  He didn't even have a problem when Adrian fucked Henry while they were still married.  So that was how his father was.

This revelation truly hurt both to see that their children came in between Leo and Ben's relationship.  Ben let them know from now on they should leave both he and Sarah alone.  Because unlike his father he wanted to be a good father to his own child, and not anyone else's.  Because he realized something that Leo never could understand.  Sarah only had him to depend on, and he being the only one there, he had to be there for her whenever she needed him.  That is something Leo never realized.  Because Ben admits to them he knew they didn't care about him, not really.  Like their children it was only about how he could benefit them or their children in the end.  But neither they or their children, or his father could benefit he or his daughter at all.   Rueben and George both try to convince Ben that if he forgave Leo, and let him once again be part of his life they both vowed they and their children and grand children would never bother either of them again.  

This doesn't sway Ben in the slightest.  He let's them know doing something like that would just make him the bad guy once again.  The spoiled rich boy who doesn't want to share his father's money.  He said no to that scheme.   Both tried to argue that Sarah needed her grandfather in her life, and he probably did too.  Ben gets even angrier that they should insinuate they knew anything of his or his daughter's needs when they didn't even know he was still alive until two months ago, and never knew Sarah existed until a few days ago.  He argued they had no clue as to what they needed.  He let's them know Sarah needed people who loved and cared about her, and would be there for her always.  To Ben that would never be Leo.  As for himself, he needed his father along time ago, and he wasn't there, none of them were there, and he no longer needs Leo at all.  He definitely does not need them.   He leaves still angry they tried to guilt him into letting his father, back into his life.

After he is gone both Rueben and George unanimously agree Ben was better father than either of them could ever be.  Which makes it worse to realize Ben was right Leo didn't deserve to be part of his life or his grand daughter's life.  The worst part it was their fault, and they could do nothing about it.

A/N:  So do you think Ben was being cruel when he reminded George/Rueben about their mistakes as father's?

Do you think Leo would choose their children/grandchildren over Ben/Sarah if it came to that?

Do you think that Leo forced Ben to shoulder the guilt he shouldn't have?

Do you think Leo was too kind hearted to everyone else over Ben?

Do you think everyone else destroyed the relationship between Ben/Leo?

Do you think Ben is doing this for Sarah, or out of revenge? 

Author's Note:  Hope you liked the story will be back soon for New Year's DRAMA?