07 ♔ the night raid pt. 2

Silveena

Susan, Caspian, and Peter turn the wheel for about a minute until they have reached a good height to stop it at.

The Narnians pass through with their weapons drawn out.

"For Narnia!" Peter shouts and the three draw their weapons as well. They run towards the battle and begin fighting the telmarines.

"C'mon!" Edmund says as he grabs me by my hand. I follow him behind as he drags me to where a line of telmarine men are located with crossbows aiming at the Narnians.

Edmund suddenly lets go of my hand and slides down the rough roof and knocks a soldier over.

"Ed!" I hear Peter call. Edmund looks to his left and sees the rest of the telmarines with crossbows that are now looking at him. Quickly, he dives into a room and kicks the door just in time before a bow hits him.

"Fallback! Retreat!" I hear Peter shout to the Narnians. Fallback? We're leaving? So soon? Not that I don't want to, but it was a quick battle. I look back down at the telmarines who are trying to break through the first door.

What do I do now!? Where do I go? I'm so lost here.

Ok, ok. I need to be smart about this. Edmund is in the tower under this one.

I walk to the edge of the tower and see Edmund walk backwards.

"Edmund!" I call him. He looks up and quickly signals me to shush.

The telmarines break through the other door with drawn swords and Edmund walks to the edge of the tower. He looks down the edge of the tower and then back up. A second later, he leans backwards.... and falls.

My heart drops. Anxiety begins filling me up and-

-And a griffin flies up with Edmund on its back. I sigh in relief.

"Jump!" He tells me. I gulp and look down at the telmarines who are now looking up at me. One of them points their crossbow at me and I didn't hesitate to jump as I gripped tightly on my staff like my life depended on it.

I close my eyes preparing for a nasty fall, but no, I landed very shortly on the griffin... and in Edmund's arms. I, again, sigh in relief and look at Edmund with an amused look.

"I'd probably be dead without you, you know." I say to him as I chuckle.

"Actually, Narnia would have not existed without me." He says. He's right. It was the prophecy that led all four of them here. It'd be three kids to enter Narnia if Edmund wasn't here. Matter fact, none would have entered Narnia in the first place.

I'm actually kind of glad he brought that up. It brings me a sense of hope that we will regain peace with the Narnians and their world... maybe even with the telmarines.

"Oh, god...." Edmund says as he looks down. I compose myself and see what he may be looking at. By the looks of his face, it must be terrifying.

I looked down anyway to see many, many, many Narnian troops dead. I let out a whimper and a tear. I was afraid this would happen, and look, it did.

From the corner of my eye, I saw a hand move.

"Edmund, look!" I say to him and point. He looks down to where I'm pointing and the griffin immediately lowers down.

I grab the waving hand and pull it up with every strength I have in myself. It was a faun. He was injured, but I'm pretty sure Lucy can heal him.

He groans in pain as I caress him to stay calm.

We have lost this battle.

We began walking to Aslan's How. It took all morning to get back. No body said a thing. Peter wouldn't talk to me. Neither Susan. Caspian wouldn't either. Everyone was dead in the inside.

Lucy appeared and looked at a very angry Peter.

"What happened?" She asks sweetly unknowingly of what we had to leave behind. Honor and equality is escaping us and is slowly driving everyone mad. I guess that hope is fading away.

"Ask him." Peter says referring to Caspian.

"Peter-" Susan begins but was cut off.

"Me? You could have called it off. There was still time." Caspian says surprised that Peter would accuse him.

"No there wasn't thanks to you." Peter says giving him a nasty attitude.

"If you'd kept to the plan, those soldiers might be alive right now." Peter continues blaming it all on Caspian's mistake.

"And, if you'd just stayed here like I suggested, they definitely would be!" Caspian says defending himself.

"Peter-" he cuts me off, ignoring me completely.

"You called us, remember?" Peter points out.

"My first mistake." Caspian says. I don't know if I should be on Caspian's side of this, or be angry at the fact that he said that calling Peter over to Narnia was a mistake.

"No, your first mistake was thinking you could leave these people." Peter fires back.

"Hey! I'm not the one who abandoned Narnia." Caspian's shouts.

"You invaded Narnia. You have no right to it than Miraz does! You, him, your father... Narnia's better off without the lot of you!" Peter angrily and carelessly says. Out of no where, Caspian screams and draws out his sword as well as Peter.

"Stop it!" Edmund and I say in unison. That was very rude of Peter. That's like saying "go die and Narnia will be great again." I am very disappointed and angry at Peter. Caspian didn't even believe in Narnia not until a week ago.

Two centaurs bring the faun I've found barely alive and Trumpkin. Lucy hurries to them and first gives Trumpkin a drop from her cordial. He begins opening his eyes slowly.

"What are you all standing around for?! The telmarines will be here soon enough." Trumpkin says. Lucy just smiles.

"Thank you, my dear little friend." Trumpkin says quietly to her as he also uses her remark from a couple days ago. I had to smile at that.

Lucy then turns to the injured faun. She gives him a drop. A couple seconds later, he shoots open his eyes and flinches upwards.

"Was I... dead?" He asks with concern in his face.

"Almost." I say. He sighs heavily and Lucy rubs his back in circles.

"Thank you." He says to her sounding breathlessly. She smiles at him as well.