10 ♔ be strong

Silveena

I walk towards the stone table where I experienced the most painful injury I could have ever imagined. I lean down to grab a block of ice to see my reflection go through it. I look into my eyes just to see what I've become. A helpless weak princess. Do I even deserve the princess title? I've done nothing to help my people and the fact that they're visible to the Telmarines who are ought to kill them all is terrifying. I never asked to bring brutal wars while I'm in the midst of a somewhat relationship.

I look into my reflection and look towards my head. Where's my crown? What the hell, why do I notice just now? Oh god, don't tell me I dropped it at the night raid. No wonder I didn't heal when I got hit with the rock. God, why do I notice now!? I drop the block of ice and quickly walk towards the exit. Before I do, I bump into Caspian.

"Caspian." I say breathlessly.

"Silveena, are you alright?" He asks as he tilts his head and looks at me with concern.

"Umm, yeah I guess. What's -um- up?" I ask nervously. The only thing that's going through my head is my crown. Just like Lucy, it's my antidote. It's a special possession and having it off me makes me feel anxious since it's the second only thing I have left of my mother.

"Well, I was actually looking for you. I wanted to know if you can tell me about your mother? I mean, she brainwashed me a couple hours ago and her being in the ice confused me. I'm just asking because I've never had anything like this happen to me and it's been in my head on replay." He says. I don't know if I even want to talk about her to him. But we do have something in common, she's in our heads. I hesitate and slowly open my mouth.

"It's ok, you don't have to. Peter told me that she was a cruel witch and was dictator to Narnia." He says in a tone as if he wishes he had more information than what he's been told.

"A cruel witch? My mother was a bad person, I admit, but she wasn't always a cruel witch. She was my mother and without her, the Narnians wouldn't have faith and motivation to be free once again. Peter just gave you the wrong perspective." I say to him angrily. I storm off as I scoff. I can not believe Peter would quickly assume my mother was a somewhat replica of the devil. I get she did bad things and did it carelessly, but she had a motive. She wanted to give an image to the Narnians that power is what keeps them alive. Without power, you're nothing and helpless. Right now, we're all nothing and helpless.

I walk out to see Lucy bringing in a black horse for her and Susan to escape in.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Susan asks directing to my injury that is now healed thanks to Lucy.

"Great, I guess. You?" I ask her. She's probably frightened about this all. Many things can go wrong; I just hope it's not too many.

"Well, all that matters to me is to keep Lucy safe." She shrugs. I guess she is as frightened as I thought she'd me. I hear footsteps echoing louder and turn around slightly to see Caspian.

"Im gonna go out to see if Edmund has returned. See you when it's over." I tell in a faint voice. She smiles and pulls me into a hug.

"I've never had a chance to say thank you." She says. My heart softens and I hug her back. A couple seconds later, we part and give each other a smile. I look up at Lucy.

"Be strong." I tell her. She smiles and nods. I then walk away and pass by Caspian as he looks down in shame from the conversation we had before. Ugh, I should apologize. I didn't mean to go off on him, it's not his fault. I should really stop letting my anger out on the wrong people.

I walk out to see everyone herding around to see what ever is going to happen. A war, maybe. I look to see Edmund talking to Peter assuming he just got back and is telling Peter what happened in the conference that he had with Miraz.

"Edmund!" I call him and he looks towards me. Him and Peter do, actually. I smile and walk towards them.

"What happened? He didn't kill you? What did he say?" I ask wanting to know if there is anything that's going to happen that we should all be ahead of knowing about.

"Miraz challenged Peter to a duel," Edmund says. I look at him in disbelief.

"Well, I kind of lead him to challenge him to a duel. It's a better way to start a war." He continues. I still look at him in disbelief. Oh god, oh god. I place my hand on my forehead and look down. I sigh and feel someone's fingertips touch my chin. My head is being lifted to see Peter's beautiful blue eyes. The eyes I fell in love with from the start.

"It's going to be okay. This'll all end and you will have Narnia back. We all will." He says soothingly. I smile and grab his hand. I can still sense that he's pretty terrified. Something like this can't be expressed calmly.

"Just don't die." I tell him. He smiles and nods. I look towards Edmund to see that he's looking down at his shoes. There was a silence for a minute or and Edmund lifts his head up.

"Let's go, Pete. We have to get you armed." Edmund says. He doesn't look at me. Actually, it seems like he's trying to avoid eye contact with me.

They both go into the cave and I walk further into the How. I stand next to a centaur and nod at him.

"Your highness, if I may ask, will Aslan save us this time?" He asks me. I gulp and look at the many Telmarines in front of us.

"I sure hope so."