Chapter 1

Ariadne was always a curious and free-spirited girl. She wondered about the world around her, and every new thing she saw entranced her. She often wandered out in the large garden behind her home, searching for bugs, or plants, or maybe even a new stray animal which she would try and convince her parents to let her keep. They always said no. You never spotted her without her small notepad and pencil, to take notes on all the things she saw. Of course, she really had nothing better to do being the only child of a rich family. Her parents were often to busy to notice her absence, which fueled her wanderlust even more. She loved the open world, and the world loved her back. She was happy with her circumstances, and eventually something good came out of them, because they were the reason she met Sebastian.

Sebastian (or seb as she would later call him) was the complete opposite of Ariadne, always shy and reserved, never wanting to leave the comfort of his own room. He too came from a rich family, but unlike Ariadne's, his parents actually cared. They were always doting on him because he was the youngest, and because they simply loved him. Now, don't get me wrong, he wasn't spoiled rotten, but he was cared for. Everyday his mother had to force him to go outside, for if she didn't he would sit in his room all day and study. (What a loser am I right?) Again these circumstances also worked in his favor, because one fateful day that he was forced to go outside, he met Ariadne.
Fate works in mysterious ways, does it not?