011 | BOKUTO KŌTARŌ

one shot is titled— INNOCENTstatus: edited as of 03/29/2020

one shot is titledINNOCENT
status: edited as of 03/29/2020

A knock on the door woke you up. Standing upright, you rubbed your eyes, seeing the moonlight seep through the gap of the curtain. The red bright digits of your clock said 3:02 AM. Who on Earth wanted to see you at this time?

Another knock sounded in your front door. You clicked your tongue in annoyance and wrapped a red robe around your white night gown, your footsteps echoing through the silent house. You peeked through the peephole, seeing two police men standing in front of your door.

With furrowed eyebrows and confusion, you opened the door. The policemen in front averted their gazes to you, who just woke up.

"Miss (L/n), right?"

"That is me," you confirmed with a wave of your hand. "What seems to be the problem, officer that you woke me up in the morning?" You leaned against the doorframe, silently pondering on what was going on.

"You need to come with us to the police station."

Even though you didn't know the reason why you were invited, you stepped in the wailing car, resting your chin on the opened window whilst the cold wind blew your hair that sent chills down your spine.

After arriving at the police station, the officers who invited you to the police station disappeared, and left you to deal with a woman, who is typing something in the computer. The smacking of the gum in her mouth and the clacking of the keyboards came in sync and you badly wanted to leave. "Excuse m―"

The woman raised her index finger in the air and gave you a menacing glare before continuing her work that was interupted. You slumped on the uncomfortable and hard plastic chair, the knot of your robe loosening in every movement you made. It was clearly a mistake when you didn't change before going to the police station. You huffed before tying the knot again.

"(F/n)?" A familiar, deep chuckle interjected and you whipped your head around, seeing your long time friend, Aomine Daiki with a cup of hot coffee in his hands.

"Hey..." You greeted back, tapping your flip flops on the cold floor of the station.

"Ey Suna!" Daiki calls out, placing his coffee down his desk.

The woman behind the computer raised her head. "What is it?" She answered back seductively, licking her bottom lip.

"Mind If I stole her for a sec?" Daiki displayed his pearly whites, pointing at you.

Suna blinked in confusion. "Umm... sure?"

Daiki smiled, gesturing for you to scoot closer to his desk since their desks were right next to each other. The blue haired male pushed his hot coffee towards you and lazily rested his head down the small pillow he brought every time.

"Do you know why I'm here?" You asked, wrapping your small fingers around the mug, your once cold hands were now warmed thanks to the beverage Daiki kindly gave you.

Daiki paused, rubbing his chin in thought and gave you an answer after a few minutes. "Nah, don't know," he teased, eyelids slowly closing, relaxed breathing coming out of his mouth. "All I know is that I need to interrogate you about something."

"What is it?" You pulled your robe closer to you, curious of what Daiki will ask.

He picked a pen from his assortments of it and took out a note pad in the drawer before smiling at you. "Props," he pointed out and turned on his computer. You just laughed at his silly actions.

"Name, (L/n) (F/n), age is 20..." Daiki trailed off, reading your profile with squinted eyes. "You were the last person to see and call Akaashi Keiji, am I right?" The tanned male asked, leaning back to his chair and made a new cup of coffee for himself.

You nodded. "Yes, why do you ask?"

He sighed and placed his arms on the desk, leaning to you. "He was killed at exactly 1:00 am in the morning today."

Your eyes widened in shock, fear, anguish, all the emotions swirling in your pupils. "W-what...?" you stammered.

"Your boyfriend was killed," Daiki repeated. "We don't know who the killer is and my men are still in his house, investigating how the crime happened," he told you and sipped his coffee. "A man named Kenma woke up to someone screaming and heard that the sound was coming from Akaashi's house. When he opened the door, he was revealed of Akaashi's bloodied corpse."

"C-Can I see his body?" You could feel your throat dry, chills running down your spine and tears were streaming down your cheeks.

"I'll come with you to the hospital," he snatched the keys hanging, the automatic doors opening as the both of you left the police station.

   ―  

When you reached the hospital, Kōtarō was there, mourning the death of his best friend. He was sobbing silently. "Bokuto-kun?" You tilted your head to the side, truly saddened by the death of your loved one.

Kōtarō slowly turned around with bloodshot eyes. "(F/n)-chan, you're here..." He smiled weakly, standing in front of a white covered body.

You slowly walked over to him with small footsteps, seeing a couple strands of dark hair poking out from the white fabric. "Is...?"

Daiki nodded and closed the door, leaving you and Kōtarō to your privacy. "Did you sleep?" You asked him, seeing dark circles under his eyes.

"No," he chuckled. "I was up until 1 when the police visited me."

"Why did he die though?" You sobbed, your fingers inching closer to his covered corpse. "Akaashi was a great man, he didn't deserve to leave the world!"

Kōtarō stood still in silence, his gaze averting to you. He scooted closer and wrapped his warm arms around you. "Just cry. It's going to be fine," he rubbed your arms in a circular manner, comforting you.

He was happy that now, Akaashi was gone. And he was happy that finally, he would have you for himself. She's mine, he smirked at the thought, pulling you closer in his embrace.