→ five

Once they got inside the mall, Bill went near a lady.

Mabel held back a smile. Maybe Bill was actually trying to make up for her, picking a girl without her help and word. She crossed and arms and waited for Bill to flirt, but things didn't go as well as she thought. Well, of course, he was a demon.

"You look ugly," he commented, very much loud. "Say, hmm-mm... Have we met before? Were you in that, uh, spa, I guess? Well, never mind. It's just that"—he floated around the lady, who looked like was in the verge of crying—"you've been gaining a lot of weight lately."

Mabel's eyes widened in shock. He couldn't just say that!

"What's your weight, again?" He asked, not caring that the woman in front of him started literally wailing, pinning everyone's heads towards them.

That was it. You can just not ask a woman about her weight—never. That is one of the most insulting, disrespectful and infuriating thing you could ever ask. Plus, why make a scene? He really needs to learn a lot.

Just before someone could call the security, Mabel went in the scene, grabbing Bill's wrist and pulling him aside. "What is wrong with you?!" She whisper-shouted.

"Nothing." He shrugged. Even his shrugs were annoying. "Telling the truth. You know, the truth hurts. Lucky for you, I know every single truth in this town!"

"Just hush down, okay?" Mabel massaged her temples and then stomped her foot, pointing her index finger towards the isosceles demon. "We start this thing in a simple way. Go near a girl and start a nice conversation."

"Should I make a long list for that?"

"What? No! Why would you?"

"Two guys have done that before." Two images of guys appeared on his body (weird sentence) and Mabel could've sworn that that one guy was Dipper. She chose to ignore it.

She heaved a sigh and pushed him a bit. "I don't know what kind of girl is your type, but I want you to follow every order of mine. Follow me. Get a girl, talk to her, have a nice conversation and do not blow it up."

Bill could've grinned, except for the fact that he didn't have a mouth. "You're a girl, aren't you?"

"Yes. Why?" She annoyingly answered, but Bill didn't reply. Instead, he loomed over—making it really close to make it a bit awkward for them. Mabel wasn't 12 anymore. She could feel her face burning, sweat trickling down her forehead as her face flushed a shade of pinkish red. "Stop."

Bill "smirked", now holding her chin, pulling her closer. Mabel was sure that they he could already smell her cinnamon-like breath, if ever he had a nose. "Intimidated?"

She pulled away and scoffed. "No, of course not!" She composed herself and gestured towards the whole mall. "I know I'm really attractive, but please, I don't want a demon going gaga over me."

"So full of yourself," Bill said, "I'm just afraid that it won't happen dear. Why would someone like me fall for you?"

"Look who's talking." She could slowly feel the corner of her lip twitching upward, but she caught herself. No. She couldn't suppress a sincere smile for a demon. Has she already had smiled at him? Wish not. "L–let's just go."

Their first stop was the burger house.

Mabel's eyes wandered around, still searching for the perfect girl for Bill—goth, a bit of punk, dressed in all-black, perhaps. She couldn't search for one, most of them had dates or were just focused on their phones, just like Tambry. Most of them were in groups.