Chapter Five

Friday

I play with my long brown hair, twirling it around my fingers defining the small circles that form naturally.

We all get ready at Vildes house as it has the biggest mirrors so we are all able to get ready at the same time.

As I look at myself in the mirror I contemplate whether this is a good idea. Should I be going to a party with a bunch of guys I don't know, even though my anxiety will probably cause me to lock myself in the bathroom and to avoid human interaction.

I'm only agreeing to come tonight because Vilde said that we all must be there and be one unit to represent our bus. So to do so that means I have to force myself to go to something i otherwise wouldn't think about going to.I'd hate to let down the whole group. So I suck it up and smile to myself In the mirror. Even if it's not a real one.

I apply light makeup and a nude lip colour that gives my lips a slight tint of pink. I don't wear makeup as some sort of statement, I don't do it because I'm not good at it and it intimidated me because I have no idea where to start. So many girls look so beautiful with their eye liners and lips. Im scared of putting some on them going out and looking like a clown.

"Girls are we ready?" Vilde bubbled while taking a small ship of her wine.

All the girl cheer while clicking their glasses together and taking a large gulp of their alcohol. I lift my glass filled with water and click it against the other glasses before also joining them with a sip.

As they begin to leave  I check my outfit one last time to see if it was ok, I pat down my denim overall skirt part to ensure there are no unwanted wrinkles. Tonight I decide on a denim overall dress and a mustard jumper under it,  with my white converses.

 Tonight I decide on a denim overall dress and a mustard jumper under it,  with my white converses

We stroll up the driveway of Christoffer house. All placed in a linear row walking in sync as our hair blown in the wind, we hear the clutter of our heals as it hits against the gravel round. I must say we all look pretty good.

Chris presses the door bell and I can't help but bite my lip as I hear the loud music through the closed doors. the lyrics are so clear and you can feel the beat move through your body.

The door swings open revealing a happy Christoffer, He invited us in, and one by one we enter the house. Nora walks through the door in front of me.

I gulp a as it is my turn to go through the door and enter the wild party. I stand there on the other side of the door frame delaying my entrance. I press my lips together, slowly breathing in and out already feeling anxious about tonight.

Christoffer gives me a side smirk while he waits for me to enter. I take a couple more seconds before taking my first step. Each step I take I feel myself feeling more and more flustered. I take a deep breath in and then remind myself that tonight is going to be fun.