Her Witty Revenge 03

The new chapter is here! I hope you enjoy reading this one as well.

Please spare me a vote and a comment? :D

Thank you! >.<

****

Her Witty Revenge 03

"Do you always so bubbly like this?" I asked her, trying to gain as much information as I could get. Heck! She is so weird for an AOD.

"Not really. But I'm just feeling so lonely at the moment," she paused for a little while, frowning. Scrunching her eyebrows, she decided to continue her sentence. "My best friend is going on a holiday," she sighed heavily. She looked . . . frustrated.

"Holiday?" I echoed her.

AOD has a holiday time? That's cool!

"Yes. We can feel the stress for taking people's soul – you know; sometimes it's not a pretty sight, especially when we knew or closed to them before this job." She sighed sadly. Her eyes seemed to lose in memories. Was it that bad?

Well, I never thought that way. I never thought that they had a life before they became an AOD. I tried to put myself on her shoes. What if I had to take my little sister's soul? I bet I would feel depressed; I didn't think I would be able to do that; maybe . . . I would try to help my angelic sister to get away from the fate.

I might not fully understand her feelings, but I knew the pain when I had to agree for making that decision for mom. The pain, the sadness, and also the guilt.

To take her pain away, we had to pull out her life machine that kept hanging her life by a thread, after falling into a comma due to her cancer. It was the most heartbreaking moment for me and my little sister, losing her and my loving father at the same time. She was gone, leaving us to a damned fate.

It hurts so much – even now.

"What are you doing or where are you going, when all of you go on a holiday?" I asked curiously, trying to distract myself from thinking of the painful past. This wasn’t the time to reminiscence it.

"Just hanging around doing our hobbies, sometimes when God allows us, we can have one day back as a human. That depends on our reasons," she explained. "You might think that we are cool, but we also have our limitations." She looked away sadly, before covering it with her smirk.

I'm not surprised. There were always some positive and negative aspects in life. Nothing seems exactly like what it looks like.

"Is it that easy to meet God?" I yelled excitedly.

"No. I've never met Him. He summons us, not the other way around. To say it simply, He is our big boss." I rolled my eyes at her. He’s our big boss too! She didn’t have to tell me that.

"O . . ." That was all I could come up with, because I tried to hold back my sarcasm, reminding myself that my purpose was to find her weaknesses. I decided to focus on her friend for now.

"What happened to your friend?" I asked her, wanting to know more about them. "What made him or her taking a holiday?"

"Him. My friend is a male. He . . . ," she said hesitantly. "He had to take her ex-fiance's soul away."

"Ex?" I emphasized the ex part.

"Yes. He died on the day of their wedding, due to massive accident." She looked like she was in pain. Did she feel something for him?

The expression etched on her face wasn't only friendship. There was more to it . . .

I might want to run away from her, but her pain made me want to hug her, saying that it was going to be okay. This might be one of her weaknesses, but I wasn't going to use it against her. Using something as special as love for my own advantages - for me- is cruel.