XXXV. - Sweet Sixteen -

Thirdy's birthday has finally arrived. The young guy woke up early to start his day on a positive note. After stretching his arms and legs, Thirdy got out of bed and looked at himself.

"God, you look horrible." he whispered after seeing his darkened eyes and messy hair. Due to sheer excitement, Thirdy had a hard time staying asleep over the past few days. But he deemed all of that as worth it anyway because his day has finally arrived. A few moments later, he backed away from the mirror and grabbed his towel.

Thirdy then hopped into the shower room and started taking a bath. His body shivered as soon as the hot water touched his skin. He took a deep breath and started telling himself that today will be good.

After he's done, he stepped out and got dressed. And since it's Sunday, there's no need for him to go to school. Thirdy took a deep breath and exited his room.

"Happy Birthday!!" Jacob then yelled at the top of his lungs. Before Thirdy could even react properly, his youngest brother already ran up and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you, bud." he said and smiled at Jacob. The six year old kid then gave him his present. Thirdy's eyes widened, he's genuinely surprised.

"This is for me?" he asked.

"Yes!" Jacob said proudly. He opened the gift and saw a shirt inside. Thirdy held it up and saw the statement that was printed on it.

"Best Kuya in the world, huh?" he asked.

"Yes you are, bye!" Jacob replied and ran back downstairs. Thirdy just smiled and followed him.

A few seconds after he landed on the first floor, the rest of his family started greeting him. "Happy Birthday!" their voices melted into one. Thirdy's heart fluttered after he saw all their smiling faces. He felt his cheeks get warm, he started blushing.

"Happy Birthday Apo!" Both of his grandparents said.

"Thanks Grandpa! Thanks Grandma!"

"Kuya, Happy Birthday!" his siblings greeted. Thirdy thanked them again and giggled a bit. He's definitely feeling the love.

"Happy Birthday, son. Mamaya na ang gift mo ah?" RJ then told him.

"Okay, thanks Dad." he said and gave him a quick hug.

"Anak, happy birthday ... bawas bawas sa harot ... utang na labas naman ... ay loob ... ay whatever. Basta, have a nice day and stay happy. Kapag medyo nagbabago na yung mood mo inom lang ng meds agad ah." Maine said.

"Yes Mommy. Thank you, I love you."

"We love you too Thirdy. All of us."

---

Maine spent the entire morning helping others with all the things that are going to be needed for the party. But since she is now very much pregnant, her movements are somehow limited. Thankfully, both Kelsey and Rose are there to help her too.

"Bes, bagay mo talaga yung buntis. Dapat lagi kang buntis, glowing oh. Pak!" Kelsey said while they're chopping fruits for the salad.

"Ay grabe siya oh, kelangan talaga lagi?" Maine asked.

"You really look beatuiful though." Rose commented.

"Thanks. Nga pala ... who's taking care of Bella and Emily?" she asked. Rose then pointed at the group of maids surrounding her kids.

"Ay sosyal, may circle of yayas ang mga anak." Kelsey said and the two ladies giggled. Maine continued on slicing the mangoes into cubes.

"Maine , gaano kahirap mag-raise ng tatlong teenagers?" Rose asked.