XLV. - Get Better -

Life went by quietly for the Faulkersons over the next couple of days. RJ and Maine continued to prepare for the arrival of their new child. Thirdy  started studying for the second big test of the school year, he's determined to get better grades this time. Athena and Anthony spent the past few days cramming to finish their projects. While Jacob, being the youngest one, became busy going to piano classes and building toy airplanes. They're all moving on with their lives, something that they weren't able to do for a long time.

"Thirdy? Anak?! Yung tutor mo darating mamaya ah. You have to study na," Thirdy heard her Mom's voice all the way from the kitchen.

"Okay, Mommy!" he answered. The young guy ran up to his room and locked the door behind him after he entered. Thirdy promised himself that he will do all the right things this time. Though he's not certain whether his naughty personality will ever change, he will still do his best to at least be deserving of the "Kuya" role in their family. He pulled out the textbooks from his bag and started reading. A few minutes later, Thirdy heard a couple of knocks on the door. He let out a sigh and got up.

His father's smiling face greeted him after unlocked the door. Thirdy smiled back and asked what he wants.

"Pwede ba tayo mag-usap?" RJ asked him.

"Sure." Thirdy replied and let him in. The two then sat on the side of his bed. RJ quickly closed the door and asked him how he's feeling.

"I'm alright, nothing to worry about. I promise." He replied, already getting the idea of where the conversation will go. The effects of his Cyclothymia disorder showed up again recently, and that caused both of his parents to worry. Thirdy is well aware of the fact that he will never be able to live a perfectly normal life. But as long as his loved ones are around him, he's sure that he's going to be just fine.

"I know. Thirdy, I may not say it a lot ... but I just want you to know that I love you and that I think you're one of the strongest people I know. Honestly, even though the similarities between us are endless ... I think you're still a bit better than me. Do you know why? Because you know how to handle yourself. When I was at your age, I was reckless ... kung ano ano na lang ginagawa ko. Umayos na lang yung buhay ko once you and your Mommy came. Kung di kayo dumating sa buhay ko, hindi ko na alam kung san na ako napunta ngayon. Thirdy ... anak ... I just want you to know that I'm very proud of you. Bawas harot lang ah, and IF nabuntis mo si Emery you know what will happen huh? Jusko por duday naman kasi. Minana mo na nga yung pagiging pogi ng isang Faulkerson, yung matalino at malakas pati ba naman harot namana mo din? I love you, son. And kahit anong gawin mo, I will always be here for you. Because I'm your Dad ... and that's why Dads do." RJ told him. By the time his Dad finished talking, tears of joy already swelled in his eyes.

"Thank you Dad! I love you." He said and pulled RJ in for what would be the tightest hug they will share in their entire lives. Thirdy closed his eyes and thanked God that he's lucky enough to be surrounded by people who can understand his shortcomings. The young Faulkerson is now in a happy place, and he wants to stay there for as long as he can.

--

"Ready ka na ba manganak?" Kelsey asked Maine a few moments after she came with her baby. Mrs. Faulkerson smiled and nodded.

"Ready na lahat, siya na lang wala." She answered and placed a hand over her baby bump. Maine then looked out through the glass wall and smiled. The vision she had a few days ago about all of them playing along the beach someday once again crossed her mind. Maine couldn't wait any longer for that vision to come to life.

"Uy, nga pala. Tingnan mo rin si RJ ah ... baka himatayin ulit yun." Kelsey said and Maine laughed. RJ passed out every single time she gave birth. She's sure that this one will be no different.

"Fine, I will. How are you and Chris? Parang ang busy niya ata?" she asked.

"Yup. May bagong project na ibinigay si RJ sa kaniya. You know, sinabi nga niya sa akin kanina ... friendship goals din naman daw tayo. I think that's right ... Bes ... mahigit 20 years na yung friendship natin. Di ko na ma-imagine yung buhay ko ng wala ka." Kelsey told her and Maine's smile grew bigger.

"Pakasal na tayo." She answered and Kelsey quickly nodded. The two then started laughing hard. Maine is happy that Kelsey stood by her for more than decades. They're more than friends now, they are sisters. Not bonded by blood, but by life and experience. She too, can't imagine her life without Kelsey by her side.

--

RJ and Maine went for a quick walk along the beach later that afternoon. He smiled and held her hand before they started watching the free birds play in the sky. The setting sun's heat felt pleasant against their skins. RJ is happy, he is so happy.

"How's Anthony?" she asked him.

"Nakatulog, masakit kasi ipin ang daming kinaing chocolate kahapon." He answered.

"Ang cute." Maine commented and he smiled.

"Love?" he then asked and they stopped walking. RJ's heart fluttered at the sight of her beauty. She's simple, but remarkable.

"Ano yun?"

"Thank you."

"Para saan? Jusko lord, ayan ka na naman sa harot."

"Grabe ka wala pa nga." He uttered, removing his hands from hers.

"Pero papunta na?" she asked.

"Oo, on the way." He said and giggled. Maine smiled and pinched his cheeks.

"Aray ko naman."

"Ano ba kasing sasabihin mo?"

"Eto na ... sasabihin ko na -"

--

Athena was busy typing some notes on her laptop when she received a call from Tanner. Her heart jumped for a moment but she was still able to answer it.

"Hello babe?" he asked.

"Hey, bakit?" she answered.

"Where are you?"

"Bahay."

"Okay, I'll go there."

"Teka, Tanner. What's happening? Bakit ganiyan voice mo? Umiyak ka ba?"

"I did. Dad and Tita Amanda were fighting the whole day. Now, they've broken up. Oh, and It's true."

"Anong it's true?"

"What your parents said. She blackmailed them."

--

Ano kaya sasabihin ni RJ? Stay tuned for the last five chapters!

also guys ^^ read my latest updates sa ibang fics!

https://www.wattpad.com/360414199-the-pool-boy-xlvi-baby-daddy

https://www.wattpad.com/360286827-neighbors-maichard-iii-world-war-maine