Chapter Four

Lucy p.o.v

Grays story constantly repeated through my mind. To think such a tragedy happen and yet the world didn't know. Unless they did and was covered up. I couldn't remember any current events that happen around that time.

Then his words about Natsu and Mira past having a connection made me wonder what was going on there. If it did why was Mira a doctor and he was a patient?

"Ugh" I groaned rubbing my aching head. All this thinking was causing me to give myself a migraine.

Leaning backwards I noticed a shade of pink by a window. Natsu seemed to be up to something since he kept looking around like he was up to no good. 

Then he attempted to open the window causing me to sigh. I knew he didn't want to be locked up, but to go this far.

"You know that's been sealed tight right" I muttered walking over to him.

He froze for a second before glancing at me. Something about his look cause uneasiness within me. It's like this tension was in the air, and it made me sick to my stomach.

"Oh it's just you" he said finally. The tone of his voice made me feel like a sword sliced me in half.

Before I could stop them tears began to fall down my face. This caused him to freeze. It's been awhile since I truly cried real tears.

"I'm sorry" he quickly said letting go of the window before walking towards me.

My immediate reaction was to step back. Something got caught on the back of my ankle causing me to fall backwards. My back landed harshly against the floor causing more tears to fall from pain.

"Luce" he panicky whispered bending down grabbing my hand.

He tugged me with ease before checking the back of my head for injuries. I'm such a clutzs its stupid.

"Why are you crying" he finally said.

I guess I have yet to stop crying. Whipping away my tears I gave him a quick sad glance.

"Look I'm sorry I asked what I did, but I didn't think it would cause you to change so much" I mummered.

"Oh. No no no. I'm sorry it's cause my past isn't that great. I try to forget it, but I doubt you can easily forget something so bad" he said.

"Do you trust me?" I asked.

"Yes" he replied quickly.

"Then tell me" I urged.

"Lucy" he said in low tone.

"Listen. Eventually you'll have to tell me. I mean I've been told it deals with Mira as well I could ask her, but I want to know it from you. It may be the past, yet its something about you. I want no I need to know" I practically begging.

"Fine. I'll tell you, but you can't tell anyone else" he sighed while slidding  on the ground.

He prop one knee up and laid his chin untop while his eyes stared down at the ground. Taking his lead I sat beside him waiting for him to speak. My stomach churned while my heart ached from my shelfish actions.

"Mira known me since birth. Of course she lot older then me, but her and my families knew each other. You see I wasn't suppose to make it out alive from birth, but my mom manage to do it before passing. My father became a father for the first time and he lost the one thing he held precious.  He got a lot of support from Mira family as well.  Mira would come over to help cook and clean. Being the elder sister she had to grow into her mature age way too soon. My father made a living as a clock maker. People from all over would come to just get one of his clocks. The clock I keep close to me was his last gift before that day happened" he began.

I allowed him to shift positions and lay his head against my shoulder. I could feel his body releasing small tremors as he remember his past.

"Mira had two siblings. Lisanna and Elfman. Elfman is slightly older then us while Lisanna was the youngest. We would play all the time together while my father and Mira worked. One day we found a hidden door in my house. I thought I knew the place front to back, and yet for some reason there was a hidden door there the whole time. Being stupid kids we went in. There was a eerie red light that came at us before dissapearing in my body. Before I knew it everything was on fire. Lisanna and Elfman went to run to the door, but I was so scared. I didn't want them to leave and as if I commanded it the fire grew in front of the door.  The fire didn't bother me, but it was Lisanna who first died. Even know her screams of fear and pain echo in my head. She didn't see it but a support beam fully engulfed fell crushing her small body. Elfman tried to help her and accidenlty knocked over some oil from a oil lanter on his pants. When a fire started I tried to help put it out, but instead the fire grew swallowing him whole. I stood there staring at their burning bodies with no emotions because I was angry they stopped playing. My dad appeared out of no where and pulled me away. I didn't know they were dead till my dad explained it. Mira never blamed me though when she should have. I took her siblings away the only family she had left. She would smile and tell everyone all night, yet she didn't know I could hear her whaling cries at night. Mira moved after that no longer able to bear to see me. She got her education and became a therapist, and when my father disappeared she was left as my guardian. I had other occurances happened after, but I never killed anyone else. When I feel this dark energy within me take over its always Mira who calmed me down. She gave me the clock since it was the only thing she took with her to remind her of home. The last few times I been blacking out I always wake when I hear your true voice" he finished.

"Natsu....thats....you must of been torn apart" I stated.

"I don't like losing control, but I'm nothing but a monster" he said while gritting his teeth.

"No your not.  It's not your fault at all. You were a kid who's magic grew to fast and exploded. Mira has forgiven you, so move on. Look I won't let you lose control ever again. Stay with me...stay by my side and let me protect you" I whispered.

"Isnt it the male job to protect the girl?" He chuckled.

"You protect me physically and I'll protect you mentally. If you ever feel that darkness coming I want you to come to me. No matter what" I said with a small smile.

"I will. Now if you excuse me I smell something really good" he laughed while jumping up to open the window.

"Natsu you cant" I warned.

"Come on Lucy. Instead of being stuck in this place let's go out. Let's go find us a adventure" he grinned holding his hand out.

My old self would've said no and went to be alone. My old self wouldn't have went seeing it as stupid. Good thing I wasn't my old self. I took his hand and let him pull me up. My hand was in his hand and it was oh so warm.

"Let's the others worry, but let us live life" he smiled at me before opening the window.

Taking a deep breath I looked outside. He was right after all. What could go wrong?