Chapter One

It has been a little over a month since I have been taken from my life as a poor inner city styled girl. Whose father was a drunk drug dealer, whose mother was gone, and whose friend was killed to give the man who had taken me what he wanted. My life felt more of a mess now than when it was in that disgusting two bedroom trailer by the dumping site of god knows what. I'd almost take it all back if it wasn't for one person. I'd take the pain of my father's hand, I'd live with the fact my mother was dead, and I'd have Karry. Although if I took all that back, I wouldn't have him. I'm taking this one day at a time and feeling like this will just be my life now. Being played with every night by Jack. I have gotten over it the first couple of days that I ended up staying here with this sex crazed vampire. If it weren't for him, I would have ended myself a long time ago. I have been spending time with Calvin to make up for the pain of having Jack hands all over me but in all my daze of happiness, I forget the powers of what a vampire can posses. There have already been a couple of times where I was caught with his scent on my body and it gets Jack in the most foulest of moods. Moods that involved what my father was good at; beating me. Why can't I stop? Why can't I just tell myself I belong to Jack? Why can't I leave Calvin alone?

Well here I am. on the floor. Back from school and I am getting beat. Nothing new. I decided to skip class yet again and went to the park with Calvin. I forgot my jacket back at school so when he hugged me or kissed me, his scent was smothered all over me. As much as I would like to curse the first person that came to mind, I knew that the only person I could curse was myself. I learned that when Jack had hit me, I stayed down. It was a show of challenge if I got up. I put my head down, looking at the floor, waiting to be hit once more.

"Jack!" I could hear Kyle's voice in the background. He could stop this but why? His brother's woman was not "behaving".

"What?!" Jack's voice bellowed throughout the living area. There weren't many people in here other than maids cleaning the place. During my time here, they didn't care what happened to other girls as long as it wasn't happening to them. They were even lower than us but I knew there would be more gossip about me later in the maid's quarters of my newest betrayal to Jack.

Kyle had shown himself around the corner seeing us. I didn't dare look in his direction because last time I did showing him a cry for help Jack had kicked me telling me that I put myself in this situation and no one could help me. "Stop beating her and come to the office. We have something important to discuss."

"We can talk about it later. I'm sort of in the middle of something right now." Jack now turned his attention to his brother using his hand to motion to me on the floor.

"It's about Cain and Roland. I think you can make another appointment with Cree. I'm sure she wouldn't mind."

"Fine. Cree. Room!" Jack waved as I looked up slowly to see him looking in the other direction. He did that a lot because I figured if he looked at me, he would hit me again out of anger. I decided to take the time that Jack was looking away to slip out of the room and started my way back to the room that we shared. I knew that our "discussion" was not over. When he was mad I noticed that the nights we shared were a little more forceful. When he was in a good mood, I seemed to rather enjoy it more than when he was in a fit of rage. Not that I enjoyed it out of happiness, just more of being able to tolerate his body pressed against mine.

I made it down the hall and walked into the usual room when I saw a usual visitor that I got for about a month now. Cain. The first time I saw him was the night he arrived. Everyone told me to stay away from him but even if I ran away from him, he always found me, so I gave up running and decided to take his kindness and let him stay. Even when everyone told me he was an evil being, I haven't seen it quite yet so I had decided to just wait to see how it goes. At this point, regardless of what others say, I'd rather spend my company with him verses Jack.

"Beaten again?" He snickered as I closed the door behind me.

"I don't wanna talk about it." I said as I put my backpack on the floor and laid on the king sized bed. No matter how much room there was, Jack was always hugging up on me.

"When will you learn that Jack is a jealous boy and won't have anyone touch you but him?" He asked sarcastically as he moved from the couch to the bed itself, sitting beside me.

"I was not brought here by choice and I think that Jack is trying to show me that he can be just as abusive as my father. I would have had better luck with the good old dad then staying here. Jack is worst. Sometimes I even wonder if staying with my dad was better." I sat up in the bed staring at my feet.

"I would talk to Jack about it. But even he doesn't know I come in here while he is doing business elsewhere in the house."

"Yeah and when you pick up a scent of him, you disappear like a baby."

"I would not call it being a baby, I would call it bailing so you aren't beat once more." He chuckled under his breath as he stood straight up.

"What?" I turn my attention from my black and grey socks to Cain. "Jack coming."

"No. Cathrine. But she is no better. I will talk to you later Cree. Try and stay away from Calvin would you?"

And with that he was gone. Not even one minute later, there was a knock at the door and Cathrine's voice could be heard on the other side of the door. She had asked me if she could enter but I gave her no response and laid back in the bed.

"Cree, I know you are in there. I am a vampire if you remember anything I tell you." She walked in as she faked smiled trying to hide the fact I got the shit knocked out of me for the second time this week. It was one of those TGF. She walked over to me as she bit her lip looking at the bruise that Jack had left on my chest. "I told you he was in a bad mood today and that you shouldn't go. In fact, I tell you everyday not to do it and see where it leads you?" Cathrine sat opposite of me as I sat up and glared at her. She glared back knowing that she was just mocking me as she giggled.

"Leave me alone." I grumbled laying back down. "I am not in the mood for your little guilt and comfort games right now."

"Cree, I don't know why you do this to yourself. I mean you can't run away from him. I mean you tried and look where it got you?"

I remember that time. The first time I ran away. It was during school hours. I gathered a few things in my backpack and when I had the chance during lunch I took it. I bolted out of the school and down the street. Hiding around in the city, I chilled at a library in town for a little while and then when night came I stayed in a homeless shelter. By the time I had woken up, I was back in this house chained to a wall and left alone for a few days with nothing but one full bottle of water saying "This is all you get for the next three days....use it sparingly." I cried and cried not because I was hungry or cold, but because I was brought back to this horrid place. I was ready to resign myself to die until Jack took me from that dark chained room to our room where he replaced the chain from the wall to the one on the bed.

"Anywhere but here. I'm sick of being raped every night. Not being able to be with Calvin. I just want to be free. I feel like a slave." I complained not moving an inch.