Five

Rip:

"She's been talking to this guy for months now. I think they're getting serious," Ezra smiled as she looked over at her sister in a nearby booth. She has a smile on her face and is twirling her hair as she talks into her cell.

They close the cafe at one to open up at seven p.m. again. This place gets packed. I had been a witness to that the other night. This place is big. The part that is a cafe is used as a VIP section. The other half is closed off with a massive black glitter curtain that separates the rest of the club. There's a stage and smaller booth areas. The dance floor lights up. This place is amazing and really goth.

"What about you do you have a boyfriend?" Mikhail asked her.

"No, I don't do that," she shook her head, waving her hand in her sister's direction.

"Why?" I asked.

"I'm kind of awkward and I spend a lot of time in the kitchen watching Charmed reruns so that I can come up with new ideas for new drinks and clever names for the breakfast specials,"

"I don't sense any awkwardness in you," I scoffed. "I know awkward,"

I looked over at my brother as he spun his phone with his index finger. He looked towards Lina and then glanced from his phone to me and then to Ezra. The phone bounced off the table and onto the seat next to him. When he reached for it the tips of his fingers smacked the phone out across the floor.

"Fuck," he whispered going after it.

"Oh. my. god," Ezra giggled.

"Like I said I know awkward,"

"It's broken," Mikhail groaned before giving me the puppy eyes.

"Let's go get you a new one," I sighed shaking my head.

"Want to come?" he asked Ezra. She looked at me questioningly.

"Yeah, Mikhail can sit in the back alone where he won't spaz out and almost kill us," I laughed. "It's happened,"

"Shut up, Rip," he growled so that only I could hear.

"Yeah, I'll get my bag," she beamed.

As she got out of the booth her foot got caught at the end of her chair. Had Mikhail not been watching her like the creeper he's going to start being she would have probably broken her nose against the floor. He caught her. She looked up at him embarrassed. She straightened herself up and walked away. I think I might have spoken too soon. Maybe they both belong in the back seat together.

Ezra:

Lina walked in after me laughing. She couldn't even stop to make a coherent sentence. How embarrassing. I totally spazzed out in front of Rip and her super cute brother. Why do I have two left feet?

"He's just as bad as you are," she finally choked out in between laughs. "It's like the gods made you two for each other,"

"Shut up, Lina," I groaned, grabbing my jacket and satchel.

"God, I have never seen the spaz radar surpass your level until now. He literally threw his phone across the room for no reason," she laughed. "And you. You just had to trip,"

"Fuck you, dude," I sighed smacking my head on the locker.

"Gage is coming over to the loft. So, buzz like a lot before you come up," she laughed before walking out. "Lock up. I forgive you for this morning,"

"Gross," I sighed shaking off her comment.

"Ready?" Rip asked as I walked out after Lina. She has a smile on her face like she had heard our entire conversation. "Mikhail is already by the car,"