#3

Prompt: (Unattainable picture) aka I'll find it later

          She couldn't handle it anymore. She just had to open her mouth and talk back to her parents. They grabbed her, shoved her in the car, and took her to Detention. This was a routine that was all too familiar to her by now. Detention was a new program endorsed by the government. She was alive, for a little while, before Detention was put into place. Before it she had strict yet gentle parents. The worst punishment she had ever gotten was to sit in the corner and think about why she shouldn't talk back to her elders. Years later and the only thing that really changed was the punishments. They took her to detention everyday for everything. If she broke something she was forced to stand on one leg for hours. If she lied she'd be forced to clean while reciting equations from a grade level 3 years above her own. If she talked back, like she did earlier this morning, she climbs a wall and keeps her foot, only one foot at a time was allowed, in a small hole for balance.  The hole was usually filled with painfully scratchy rocks and some kinds of bugs or worms and every once in awhile what felt like chewed up gum. She was to afraid to look down and identify the bugs as maggots or as something equally disgusting. Ignorance is bliss in a way in this messed up situation. Falling off of the wall only meant increasing the time spent in the hole. Each time you fell they also increased the height of the hole. Fall enough and you'll get to a height where falling means certain death. She couldn't handle it anymore but she had to survive until adulthood. Then she'll seek revenge.