Tattoo

This one shot is inspired by the story 'cold pizza', so I can't take all the credit for this one.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Brock's POV:

Having a soulmate is kinda funny when you think about it. We all just go about our lives, hopelessly searching for that one person. I mean, we could easily find some random person and live out or days with content... too bad that's not how things work.

My mom always told me how great it was when she found my dad. 'It's exactly how they say it is Brocky. You go your whole life feeling like half a person, then you just feel whole all of a sudden. You feel as though nothing could ruin the moment. You could die right then and there, and be totally content knowing that you found your one true love.'

It sounds great and all, and I can't wait to find my soulmate, but I don't feel too optimistic. I'm 18 years old, I'm in my last year of high school, and ALL of my friends already found there soulmate. Evan and Jon, Tyler and Craig, David and Lui, Marcel and Simone... then there was me.

Usually I wouldn't be so upset over this whole ordeal, if the fact that I didn't have a tattoo felt like a kick in the teeth. The thing is, once a person comes in contact with their soulmate, the receive a small tattoo where they come in contact with each other. Most people have theirs on their hands or wrists, so when I meet new people, it's a constant reminder that I'm alone..

I snap myself out of my thoughts and find myself at the front gates of my school. There aren't many people around, since I've always like to get to school early so I could collect my thoughts. But as I'm walking past the office, my principle calls me in.

"Hey Brock, can you come in here for a minute?" He asks me gently. I shoot him a nod and follow him to his office.

"So Brock, during the week we're going to be having and exchange student from Ireland attending school here. His name is Brian, and I would very much appreciate it if you could show him around the school until he gets the hang of things." I don't even think about before I let a 'yes' escape my lips. The principle just nods, and excuses me to my first period.

As you could probably tell, I'm not the most socially comfortable to have around. My friends decided to call it being 'brockward', whenever I make situations uncomfortable. So I just resort to minimal conversation with people other than my friends.

I sigh at the thought and just continue to my first class, so I can just get through the day.

(Time skip to tomorrow morning at school)•

I enter the school and look around for any of my friends, when a certain tuff of honey blonde hair catches my attention. The stranger is in the office talking the principle with smile so sweet in makes me sick. 'That must be the new kid Brian.' I guess I must have been staring for a while because when I snap out of my thoughts, the principle is waving me over and Brian has a dark blush spread across his cheeks.

As I walk in, my eyes never left 'Brian', as the principle began talking to me.
"Brian this is Brock, the boy I told you about. He's going to be showing you around the school until you get the hang of things."

I awkwardly smile and give Brian a little wave, as the principle just chuckles. "Don't mind his awkwardness Brian, he'll probably warm up to you real soon. Now, you two have all of the same classes, so just make sure Brian gets to all of his classes."

I give him a slight nod, and motion Brian to follow me. We exit the office, and I can faintly hear Brian release a breath I didn't know he was holding. "Well THAT was awkward!" He lets out a chuckle, that makes my stomach do flips, and heart race.

My face starts to turn red, and he just stops and looks at me with concern. "Hey, are you alright? Your face is really red." His question shocks me, but I try and play it off with a lame excuse "yea I-I'm fine, just a little light headed I-Is all."

Suddenly, I felt his arm wrap around my shoulders and him pull me close. Though before he could explain himself, I felt a wave of energy coarse through my skin where he was touching me.

I thought I was going crazy, but I guess he felt it too, because he started to role his sleeve up desperately. We both gasp as he finds a little sun tattoo on his forearm.

He looks up at me with surprise, and just stares into my eyes. I stare right back though, only to find myself leaning in. He starts to lean in as well, and when our lips me it's pure electricity that runs through my lips and into my body.

We both pull back breathlessly, and I feel Brian pull my shirt down just a little bit. "There's a small moon in between your shoulders." He says with a love sick smile on his face. I just smile and grab his arm and stare at his tattoo. "Looks like you might be the light of my life~", I joke only to receive a slap in the arm. "Way to ruin the moment Brock!"
He practically yells at me, with the cutest blush on his face.

I just laugh and pull him into another kiss. This one is more passionate, as I feel the need to show just how much he means to me. Though I just smile when I feel him return the kiss just as passionately. I break away from the kiss panting, and smile at his flushed face. "We might have just met Brian, but I have no problem with telling my soulmate that I love you."

Brian blushes a little and gives me a quick peck on the lips, "I love you too Brock."

I now understand what my mom was talking about. Nothing could ruin our moment, and if I died right now with him in my arms... I wouldn't have been happier. And because of the man in my arms right now, I could no longer hate the tattoos that fill my vision. Because the man of my dreams, the love of my life is wearing one.

Word count: 1,107

Peace ✌️

Love ❤️

And all that good stuff

~ZqOuMeBeInE