xx. november 1971

November 8 1971 ;
Lilly Smith (soon to be Curtis) sat on the couch of the quiet house, watching as Two-Bit ran around outside with her two daughters. She quickly stood when seeing two men in an Army uniform approach the house. She saw her daughters hide behind Two-Bit as he talked with the two men.

Lilly made her way outside to see the two men better, something telling her it was them, that they were okay. They looked almost unrecognizable, their faces were white with sunken cheeks, dark circles under their eyes. She began crying as she hugged Steve, she wiped at her eyes as she turned to Sodapop. The two didn't know what to say or do, slightly awkward after being apart for so long.

Sodapop pulled Lilly into his arms and she began crying even more and she could heard Sodapop sniffling occasionally. He pulls away from the hug first, his hands cupping her face as he looked her over; taking in everything that had changed and everything that stayed the same.

"You cut your hair again," He points out, playing with the tips of the short hair.

"I did," Lilly nods. Sodapop swipes his thumb across her cheek before leaning in and kissing her, the feeling foreign for being without it for so long. Lilly pulls away when hearing Janice and Margaret giggling. Sodapop stares down at them then up at Lilly who nods to him encouragingly.

As if the two girls had knew exactly who he was (maybe they did due to Lilly telling them about him, but they were still too young to understand) they ran up to him and hugged him, giggling uncontrollably. Lilly sighed contentedly, her heart swelling at her new family.

Soon enough Darry and Ponyboy exited the house, almost dropping the trays of lunch when seeing Sodapop and Steve. Lilly watched happily as the brothers and Steve reunite. Wanting to capture the moment, she takes a picture in her mind in hopes of remembering it forever.

-
-

how do u end a story without it being cheesy ?? lmao
thE END