Chapter Seven: Avatar Roku (Solstice Pt 2) ☄️

Grey

I can't believe I ratted the Gaang out. I mean it's not like Zuko wouldn't have found out anyways...

I was just worried about Zuko and Iroh. They had even less sleep than I did. I was also worried about Roku being stuck in the room too long with food or water. It turned out that I didn't need to worry about him, he had gotten into the bag of dried fruit—eating almost half of it and one of the guards I made friends with had brought him water for me. I just hope I made the right choice and didn't majorly mess up anything.

When we reach the ship, Zuko told the helmsman to head for Crescent Island before going to bathe. I went straight to the room to see Roku, who attacked me with kisses and cuddles the instant I stepped in. He calmed down enough when Zuko came into the room.

Zuko fell asleep almost instantly after he laid out on the floor. I knew he was exhausted. It didn't take me long to do the same once I got comfortable, though I did end up jerking awake twice from my nightmares, but at least I didn't fall on him again. After the second time, I rolled over, facing the sleeping prince and placed me hand on his arm before falling back to sleep.

Now, I'm standing on deck next to Iroh while Zuko is in the front, looking through a high powered spy glass. A guard is behind Zuko to the left and we are to the right. I gaze up at the sky, seeing nothing but the white, fluffy clouds.

I'm wearing a dark red, almost black long sleeved crop top that fits like a corset around my ribs. I wanted to make sure my arms were covered when we ran into Zhao; I didn't want him to see that my burn was gone. I'm also wearing some tight red pants with a gold sash belt and some black Fire Nation boots that reach my calves—they are a little big, but I didn't want to chance my other boots getting burnt.

Iroh is both concerned and frustrated, "Sailing into Fire Nation waters... of all the foolish things you have done in your sixteen years, Prince Zuko, this is the most foolish."

"I have no choice, Uncle." Zuko replies without turning around.

I wish I could talk him out of this, but I know there is nothing I could say that would change his mind. I'm also not in the mood to fight with him today, it's already stressful enough.

Iroh can barely contain his anger. "Have you completely forgotten that the Fire Lord banished you?! What if you're caught?"

Zuko turns around from the spy glass, his tone is determined. "I'm chasing the Avatar. My father will understand why I'm returning home."

Sure he will and I'm the queen of Neptune.

"You give him too much credit. My brother is not the understanding type." He's anger has turned to worry.

Zuko turns back to the spy glass. "There they are!" I gaze up at the sky and just barely make out Appa. "Helmsman, full steam ahead!" He commands before looking back at the object of his obsession.

Before they even take out the catapult, I already have my hand over my nose. Iroh gives me a confused look until the catapult is raised from below onto the deck of the ship. The catapult is loaded with a steaming and smoldering projectile.

Iroh begins fanning himself as he wrinkles his nose in disgust. "Really, Prince Zuko, couldn't you shoot them down with something more fragrant?"

Zuko shoots a fire ball at the projectile and it ignites. He raises his arm in the the air as he turns to look back at Appa. "On my mark......... Fire!"