Chapter Thirteen: The Boiling Rock Pt. 1

Lux/Grey's POV

I found out last night that when I'm flying with someone, I can send my light around them if we are touching, and they can fly next to me. Aang was gliding next to me, and I grabbed his arm so we could do a trick. Somehow my light ended up around him and we were fluting together before the light faded away when I let go.

After we figured out what happened, we decided to see if I could do it at will. It took me two tries until I got it without almost falling.

Aang and I told the group about it when we were having breakfast this morning. Almost everyone wanted to try it out. The Duke was first, he laughed and screamed with delight the entire time. Doing flips and loops are his favorite.

Sokka said no, he wasn't doing that again. Toph liked it for a few minutes but after the first loop she had enough. Teo didn't want to and started gliding around with us instead. Haru said he had fun even during the loops but he was good flying with Appa. Bunch of sissies.

I roll my eyes before looking at Katara. "Would you like to go?"

She looks at me, surprised. We still haven't really talked to each other since the fight in Zuko's room. "Sure, but no flips." I smile and reach my hand out.

When she takes it I lift off the ground and send my light around her. I keep the speed normal as I lift us higher into the air. After a minute Kat turns her head in my direction. "Lux, I'm sorry for how I acted, I shouldn't have said those things to either of you. I was only thinking about Aang and keeping him safe."

I look over to her, "I understand, and I forgive you. I want to keep Aang safe as well. I'm sorry for how I reacted, but I stand by my words. They both mean everything to me, and so do the rest of you guys. I love you guys."

She smiles, "I'm glad that's out of the way, I've missed talking to you."

"Your just saying that so I'll help you with dinner tonight." We both start laughing.

"Now that you mention it, will you help me with dinner?"

I smirk, "Sure, if you do one flip."

She rolls her eyes, "Fine." I chuckle and lead us though a forward loop. She screeches grasping my hand tighter. "There, can we land now?" I fly us quickly to the group and touch the ground. I pull my light back as Kat looks at me, "We will start dinner after sunset."

"I'll be there." I smile at her before I turn to see Zuko with his arms crossed.

I walk over to him, just as I open my mouth, he speaks. "Not happening." He looks down at me, a slight smirk plays on his lips.

"Is that a challenge?" I tilt my head as I place my hands on my hips.

He smirks fully and raises an eyebrow, "It is now."

--------Time skip brought to you by the Spirit World------

It took me all day to win the challenge. Finally after playing with his hair for an hour, he relented.

When we started he was just holding my hand as we flew around. I pulled us up higher in the air. I look over to see him staring at me. "I can see why you really love this." His eyes are warm, "I feel so free flying like this."