Chapter 7:

Mercedes VanAllen is a doctor in District 12. I went to her when I thought I was pregnant for the first time and didn't want to tell Peeta until I was sure. I had gone back to her each time I had been pregnant or had any other problem I wanted to withhold from Peeta for a while. Mercedes calling me at home could only mean one thing.

I must be pregnant again. 

I don't know how Mercedes would know that I was pregnant. I haven't been to see her in over 6 months, when I was finished straightening things out with Katy. I decided the only way to figure out what was going on was to call her back. Luckily, the Capitol doesn't monitor phone calls ever since the rebellion ended. 

"Hello, Dr. VanAllen's office." A cheery female voice answers. "How may I help you?" 

"Uh, I'm returning a call from Dr. VanAllen earlier this morning." I say, feeling my heart rate grow. 

"Great. Can I have your last name?" I sigh a little bit. I hate when people ask me for my name. 

"Everdeen." I close my eyes and take a deep breath. The first time I went to Dr. VanAllen, I wasn't married to Peeta yet, so my records are under my maiden name.

"Oh! Why yes! Mrs. Mellark!" She shreiks. "I'll put you right through!" 

I hear the shuffling of a phone transfer and then finally a familiar voice. "O, Katniss! I'm glad you called! Is Adrianna home?"

My brow furrows. "Adrianna? Peeta said you called for me." 

There was silence on the other end of the line before she laughed a little bit. "Katniss, I'm sorry. It seems your husband must have gotten confused. All I told him was to have Ms. Mellark call me back. It seems I regretted to specify which Ms. Mellark I was speaking of. Forgive me for the mixup."

"Thanks." I said blindly. "But why would you possibly want to speak with my seventeen year old daughter?" I start to get frustrated. "What could you ever have to say to her!"

"If would just please give Adrianna the phone, Mrs. Mellark."

"Why!" I shout, breathing heavily. I calm myself and add on, "She's not home right now."

"Oh, well than. Could you please just tell her that her test results came back positive?" 

"Test results?" I repeat.

"Did Adrianna not tell you?" She questions with a shocked tone. "I was under the impression that you knew."

"Under the impression that I knew what?" I said again. I actually knew exactly what it meant, but until i heard the words from someone elses mouth, i couldnt bring myself to believe it. I was hoping that she would say that I was wrong and that there was nothing to worry about.

But then she said, "Mrs. Mellark. Your daughter is pregnant."