Chapter 5:

the door bell rings and i rush to get it.

"hey,Johanna!" i say letting her in. Gale follows  with Ashley behind him.  i leave them in the living room and go back to our room to get Peeta.

i open the door and he envelopes me in a hug and kisses my forehead.

i laugh and smile but then it drops instantly into a scowl.

"oh,Peeta. listen to me. if i lunge at Gale, which i most likley will, hold me back so i dont kill him." i tell him sternly.

"yeah sure sweetie. what did he do?" he asks a little frightened.

"i dont want to talk about it. you'll see."i say turning and taking his hand before walking out.

we sit down on the couch opposite Johanna and Gale and instantly stare him down with a deadly glare.

"Dude,Catnip? whats wrong with you?" he asks jokingly. my glare turns colder and more bitter and my eyes are boring into his like it  will kill him.

"i hate you." i barley make out through my gritted teeth. he rolls his eyes and goes back to gingerly stabbing his meat. i dont even drop my stare for a second and hope he feels nervous, and remembers what hes done and i hope it gives him great shame.

"seriously,Katniss? are you okay?" Peeta says with scared eyes, rubbing my arm trying to soothe me.

"i'm fine! but ya know some times you loose people and they never come back.....AND SOMETIMES IT SOME OTHER BASTARDS FAULT!" I shout, returning my horrifying gaze to Gale.

"damn....she found out...."  he mutters quietly under his breath. i start taking deep breaths and my rage grows with every exhale.

"OF COURSE I FOUND OUT! WHAT THE F***! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT! WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME YOU D***!" I scream at him, full blown. Johanna and Peeta are looking at me, wide eyed, like i'm totally insane.

i do as i warned Peeta i would and i lunge at Gale, with all of my strength, but Peeta holds me back like he promised to do. i resort to sobbing and when i finally break from Peeta's grip i run upstairs crying.

but not before i make out "YOU KILLED MY SISTER!".

I hear Peeta and Johanna gasp, but then Peeta runs after me, which i'm glad for.

i collapse on the bed bawling. i feel Peeta pull me into his lap and stroke my hair.

"its all his fault Peeta....." i choke out, burrying my head in his shirt.

"what happened honey?" he asks softly.

"he made that bomb....the one that killed her..." i say holding onto him tightly.

i hear faint yelling in the living room and i assume its Johanna and Gale fighting. i hear a lot of curse words, and comebacks and screaming.

"its okay. shes in a better place now..." Peeta says kissing my forehead.

"i miss her, Peeta......" i say quietly.

"i know...its okay..." he says pulling me closer to his chest. "do you wanna go back down?" he says into my hair. i shake my head. "ok then. i'll be back up soon, just try and rest. if you feel better just come down......."he says before kissing me and walking out. i hear the yelling calm and relax a little bit.

eventually i build up my courage and head down the stairs, slowly wiping the tears away.

i quitley sit down next to Peeta and he wraps his arm around my waist. i avoid looking in Gale's direction because i might just finally lose it.

Johanna starts going into some rant about how hard taking care of kids is.

"its like worse torture then being in a Capitol dungeon!" she says laughing.

Peeta's pupils go black and he starts looking around hypervanlating.

"great! thanks!" i growl sarcastically at her. i kick Peeta and pin him harshly to the ground. "get outta they way! move!" i say shooing them. 

Peeta keeps trying to lunge at me but i slap him.

"what are you gonna do! kill me! your just a mutt!" he says angrily.

i make a risky move and kiss him. his pupil turn slightly back to blue but hes still lost.

"Peeta...listen to me! whats your name?" i ask slowly.

"Peeta Mellark?" he says.

"right. where do you live?"

"District 12...."

"and who do you love?"

"no one?" he asks. i frown.

"no."

"You?"

"yes, Peeta! and whats my name?" i ask cautiously.

"Katniss Everdeen." he says. i shake my head trying to make him think. "Katniss? Katniss...." he says thinking hard. "Mellark..."he  says as his eyes return to normal and i hug him. "i'm so sorry, Katniss!" he says. i get off of him annd help him up.

"same here. sorry i slapped you......" i say guiltily. he laugs and kisses me.

"its okay. it helps sometimes." he says.