• Sting Eucliffe 💛 (Twelve Days Of Fairy Tail)

There were so many activities within the festival, you didn't know which one to hit first

There was the big snow ball fight, decorating cookies at the guild, dancing in the middle of town, and a plethora of different events going on along with ice skating on the lake. If you had to choose one though, it would probably be ice skating on the lake.

Not only was the lake big and beautiful, but the town decorated the area with colorful Christmas lights and were selling hot chocolate at the stands nearby. Gray, bless his soul, volunteered to make everyone ice skates for the day so long as no one complained about his stripping.

Juvia sure didn't complain. She was busy trying to make sure the lake didn't melt underneath anyone's feet.

You thought about going to say hello but it was just an excuse to go there and possibly ice skate.

The main problem in the moment though was you couldn't go by yourself!

That was the Hell of embarrassment ride you didn't want to buckle up for. You needed someone to go with you to have a good time or else you would be labelled as, "The Loner On Ice". You've seen enough sad shows on ice that you didn't need to create your own.

Sucking it up you did head over to the lake, but not to skate. On no no no, you did not walk over to the ice and water mage pair to ask them to skate.

As said before, that would be embarrassing. Instead you asked the two if they needed help with anything. You figured it would be better to help than to be bored. So why not right? It didn't hurt anyone.

"Hmm. Juvia's not sure what you could help with. Perhaps tickets? It's getting a bit more busy so collecting tickets could be harder. What do you think Gray-sama?" Juvia was always quick to ask her beloved Gray-sama what he thought.

He only shrugged with minimal thought on the idea. "Sounds good to me. You sure you don't mind (Y/N)?" He makes sure to ask but why bother when you offered?

"Yeah of course, I don't mind. You guys look like your getting busy so I figured why not help." That's kind of the truth, but you didn't need to explain the whole ordeal to them.

You got yourself busy by standing at the booth Gray was at and started collecting tickets for admission. It may have been free but there were still so many people to manage. It was a neat system and a great time waster to help you busy yourself.

"Thank you, have a nice time and be careful!" You smiled to each customer as best as you could. Seeing them have fun on the ice sure made you jealous. You wanted that someone special to hug while skating and falling. If you were to go now it would just be a humiliating mess of a time.

"Hey (Y/N)." The one person to get you out of your daze of jealousy just happened to be one of your many admirers.

Or so you thought.