Chapter 27: An Addition to the Alliance

The next morning after breakfast Svetlana opens a portal to the Water Realm and we all jump through, taking Tala's bracelet with us for safe measures. After passing through we appear in the middle of a dirt pathway. Trees line the pathway, but instead of being made out of leaves the trees are made out of water up top, but form the shape of a normal tree. Little plants and shrubs lined with droplets of water surround the trees and the pathway as well as lilies. The sky overhead is bright blue and filled with clouds resembling stretched out cottonballs.

"Wow," Lucilla says and flies up to one of the trees and sticks a hand into the water, "This place is really pretty."

Down on the ground a fennec fox with strands of water running through its tail and its ears and its front right paw comes racing through the woods and darts around trees, swooshing its tail around swiftly and elegantly.

"So," Amorette says and raises a hand to shade her eyes from the sun while looking around, "What are we looking for?"

"Tala wrote about taking something from the Naiads and that someone named Neredia was mad at her," I say, "So I think that it would be best to try and find where the Naiads are."

"Got it," Blaze nods and takes out her Arcane Map.

Her map glows and lots of dots appear on it.

"Follow me!" Blaze instructs and starts walking down the path while occasionally looking at her map.

The rest of us trail after her and we walk until we come to a giant, shining, azure lake. An image of a castle reflects onto the lake, but the ground stops at the lake with no way to get across aside from swimming or flying.

"Do we fly over to the castle?" Amorette asks.

"No," Blaze shakes her head, "That's not a good idea. There's a magical forcefield in the air above the lake."

"So then we'll just swim across," Amorette says.

"No," Blaze says once more, "We can't without permission."

"Permission?" Corliss asks and raises a brow.

Suddenly there's a loud whooshing sound and a girl emerges out of the water, twirling while doing so and sending water flying around like a miniature storm. The light blue haired girl comes to a halt and her sea blue eyes watch us calmly. Her blue and white trimmed long sleeved shirt has a design cut into the sleeves that waves around, revealing parts of her arm and it dips down in the front. Her blue shorts has a silver, chain belt that wraps around her waist and she has on white shoes that look like flats, but have straps that wind up her legs and go almost up to her knees. Drops of water gleam on her sapphire, teardrop necklace as the sun beams down on it. She tilts her head to the side and her long hair shifts around, revealing silver piercings that go all the way from the top of her revealed ear to the bottom.

"Oh," Corliss mumbles.

"I am Neredia," The girl says and watches each of us carefully, "Who are you and what is your purpose for coming here?"

"I am Aella," I say and step forward, "I used to be Queen Evangeline of the Angel's first in command, but recent developments have made all of us realize that Evangeline is not who she seems to be."

"Go on," Neredia says.

"Evangeline is planning to take over all of the realms and wants to bring tyrrany, we must stop her," I say firmly, "We came here in hopes of forming an alliance with the Water Realm, we already have one with the Dark Angel Realm. We also came here to return something to you that was taken by the Sorceress Tala."

"You wish to return the Orb of Harmony?" Neredia raises a brow, "I would greatly appreciate it. The Orb of Harmony is one of the Water Realm's most prized heirlooms. It helps keep the peace in the waters and helps us in times of need. I, Neredia, am the Naiad Guardian of the Orb of Harmony and of this lake."