0-5

Talia and Andrew already have four children by the time John and Claudia have their first.

Laura is 11, Adam is 9, Derek is 5 and Cora is 4 when Claudia announces she is pregnant.

Laura and Adam aren't too fussed about the new arrival; they're used to new babies now. Cora is excited, but she has nothing nothing on Derek, who pets at Claudia's belly fondly and scents her any chance he gets.

He falls asleep- on numerous occasions- curled around Claudia's bump with her fingers combing through his hair.

When Stiles is born they go and visit them in the hospital. Claudia is in bed, a sleepy smile on her face as Laura and Cora sit with her. Adam sits with his own dad on one of the armchairs, reading his school book.

Derek goes straight to John, who is holding a tiny little bundle of blankets. He runs his nose over John's cheekbone as a greeting before crouching to see the little thing in his arms.

"Can I touch him?" Derek asks, reaching a tentative hand out.
"You can hold him if you sit up here," John offers and pats the seat next to him.

Derek quickly hops up to sit beside John, grinning excitedly at his mum, who is watching with similar intent.  Everybody watches with bated breath as John organises Derek so he can hold the baby properly.

He chuckles when Derek stares up at him with wide eyes.
"I won't hurt him will I?"
"No Der, you won't hurt him. It's okay," John reassures before placing the baby in his lap, head tucked into the crease of Derek's elbow.

Derek gasps and his body tightens up. He feels tingly as he cries out, tears forming in his eyes and cheeks flushing red.

The wolves in the room can smell what just happened and they avert their eyes for Derek's sake.

Talia and Andrew exchange some glances before he goes to crouch in front of Derek.

"Hey Der, why don't you give Genim back and we'll get you cleaned up. C'mon, bud," he says gently. Derek frowns, fingers brushing gently over the soft hair on the baby's head.
"When you come back you can cuddle with me and Genim," Claudia offers.
"Really?" Derek asks hopefully.
"Yes, love. Just go with your dad. It's okay."

Derek lets John take Genim away and he hops down from the chair, nose scrunching up at the stickiness in his pants. He takes his dad's hand and waddles out of the room.

Claudia beckons John closer, kissing him gently. John smiles and lays their child on her chest.
"Looks like Genim has made a friend."
"He'll probably get bored once he starts crying," Talia dismisses.

Derek comes back with no undies on under his jeans and pink cheeks. He looks expectantly at Claudia who pats the bed beside her. Laura helps him climb up, offering him a warm smile which makes him feel a little better.

"Want to help me change his nappy?" Claudia asks. The adults expect Derek to turn away like Laura and Cora do, but he stays and nods his head with a dopey smile.

Claudia kisses his cheek when he straps the nappy and brings both of them to lie back with her. Derek scents the baby as much as he can until he starts to wriggle and whine.

Derek flinches when Genim let's out a loud cry, face screwing up as he wails.

"It's okay, baby. Shh."

Claudia speaks quietly in polish to the boy, lips pressed to his soft cheek, but he doesn't calm down. Derek pouts and rests a gentle, careful hand on the baby's head. Genim stops crying instantly. Derek looks at Claudia who smiles down at him.

Forever My GemOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara