Two

Putting the book away. My arm felt sore as if, it had really been on fire, but it always happens on my birthday, getting out from bed i padded over, to my floor length mirror turning to look at my birthmark which was on my shoulder blade, it was red and itchy, its looked a scratch mark.  Maybe going for a run and some fresh air would clear my head.

Making sure to be extra quiet I threw on track pants and grabbed a jacket, socks and my running shoes. Taking extreme caution in opening my bedroom door so it doesn't make that creaking sound, mum was a light sleeper even a pin drop could wake her up. She wasn't a morning person either. so it would be like waking up the Kraken.

 Very slowly I made my way to the stairs hold my breath I tip toed down the stairs being as quiet as I can be. It felt like I was on a top secret mission. I could almost hear the background music. Na na na na ....Just one more step, squeal  "crap" i mumbled under my breath, just my luck. 

Holding my breath, hoping it didn't wake my mum up. Shit ... why does River, always leave her toys lying around. "Fira, is that you" mom called coming down the steps, Oh well so much for not waking her up.

 "Uhm... yeah mom, just going for a run!" I called, slowly making my way towards the back  door.

 "at 5 in the  bloody morning?" she said coming downstairs, brown hair sticking up in every possible direction. tying her fully white robe.

 "Yep, everyone needs exercise" I looked at her smiling brightly at her trying not to laugh, lord knows what she'll do. She looked at me skeptically, and as if unsure. Mom didn't know that i still get the nightmares, I didn't want to worry her. She had enough on her plate already, with looking after River and I.

"Alright just be careful, and don't talk to strangers" mom said in between a yawn, she walked with me towards the kitchen.

Rubbing the sleep out of her eyes then turned to me with her arms open for a hug "Happy birthday hun" she said softly hugging me tightly then releasing sniffling.

 smiling at her softly i placed a gentle kiss on her cheek "See ya in a bit mamma bear" I said, opening the door and exiting the house before she can say anything else.

Needing to clear my head of all the thoughts swirling in my mind and the ache in my shoulder, I started jogging to the nearby park, where I usually run.

It was Saturday and way to early, the park looked deserted, since its August the sun wasn't out yet. It looked peaceful, the opposite of chaotic thoughts going through my head.

There was something about running that always calmed me, I felt free, safe, like when I could feel the cool wind hitting my skin or the familiar pull of my muscles when I pushed to run faster. But today as ran my thoughts keep drifting to this morning's dream. It made me feel uneasy. Frowning I slowed down to jog to a tree nearby taking a seat under one of the trees, it was almost 6:30 now. I tend to lose track of time when run, usually when I have a lot on my mind. The sun was out fully now and lucky for me the park had lots of trees. Although it was cold the winter sun was terrible.

When I was younger I remember mum taking to the park near where my granny lived, that park is much bigger than this one with way more trees, I used to pretend the park was a jungle, and I was an explorer. The sound of a branch breaking snaps me out of my Revere at the corner of my eye I see a flash of brown, heading straight at me, I stand up quickly my heart beating a mile a minute. 

---------------

(AN)
Hi all you awesome people! :-) 

Also made some changers here.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

Please comment ...I'd like to know what you guys think.

Like it ? Hate it ? Love it ? should i quit writing?
TTFN (Ta Ta For Now)
Tia

Vote
Comment
Share