Five

Most of the world does not even know we exist; we hide amongst the shadows and try to live a quiet life. To the humans we were myths, legends, and creatures of imagination.

I stepped out of the bus into the cool night, pulling at my jacket collar. Stupid human clothes I thought, grumbling to myself incoherently. The most uncomfortable I've ever been, I felt constricted like I could not breathe, but I had to wear them, I needed to blend in. The sooner I finish this mission, the sooner I could get home. With that thought in mind, I hurried through the empty street towards the address of my target.

 Having spotted the trees before, I circled around the house, making sure to stick to the shadows and stay out of sight. The sky had visibly darkened, the clouds looked heavy, threatening to pour, stealthily I slipped into the cover and safety of the trees,  I'd found a spot where I could observe and watch without going noticed until the opportunity to strike presented itself.

Looking into the white panned Windows, I watched silently, I was given strict instructions from the from the prince' head guard himself, that the girl was not to be harmed, the others however were to be dealt with however I wished.

I didn't even know their names, yet I could not help but feel sorry for them, for the pain that they were going to go through. Everyone looked so happy, so normal. Nevertheless, I would be  considered a fool to underestimate them.

They were dangerous or that was what I was told, the Head guard - Aamon had said so and, I could sense the power they held within themselves it was faint but it was there, someone had cast glamour to mask it, I could smell the foul stench of magic. Clearly they were hiding, I could see why the Aamon would be in such a hurry to acquire the girl. Whatever she was, she was powerful perhaps that's why he wanted her, if there's ever anything Aamon valued it would be power.

My mission was simple, all I had to do was bring back the girl, he hasn't given me much details. All I knew, was that Aamon wanted the girl no questions asked, and no one was to know, and if I did this, I would be rewarded with anything I wished. And more than anything in the world I wanted respect, for my mother and sister to be respected, to restore Our family's name and honour, and to repair what my father had so selfishly destroyed. 

Rain began to pour down, unrelentless, as storm clouds gathered and I could hear in the distance as thunder boomed. A puddle formed at my foot, looking at the face that reflected back at me, as if mocking me, rage flowed throughout my body. I looked so much like him, the dark hair and amber eyes, sometimes my mother couldn't bare the sight of me, I looked too much like the man that caused her such pain and misery.

My father had betrayed our kind, stolen something precious and disappeared, leaving his family to face the wrath of the prince of the underworld and with an unpayable debt. The memories of that time leaving me in an even bitter mood than before, if that were even possible. I had promised my mother that I'd free us from the misery and torture we were put through, that promise is what drives me, and I was determined to do whatever was necessary, with that in mind, I directed my focus on my mission, and pushed all other thoughts to the back of my mind.

Nothing would get in my way, not even the clothes that still annoyed the hell out of me, cursing silently, I pulled irritably at the collar again, now that it was all wet and soggy, the material clung to me like a second skin, making me even more agitated, I huffed annoyed making a mental note to burn these god-awful clothes when the mission was complete.

======================

Hi Everyone :)

Did ya miss me ???

They say the first step to overcoming a problem, is admitting you have one.

I am a procrastinator... there i said it, but who isnt right? :P

I know this was long overdue ... but trust me when I say that I'm really working on this procrastination problem I have.

I'd really love to know what you guys think, please comment, vote and share.

Much love - Tia

-----

I apologise to those who have read this part before, but I was not happy with it, so I might of made some changes. 

Hope you like it.

Thanks for reading.   

Ciao - Tia