8

becca slowly sank into the soft booth of the cafe, wrapping her cold hands around her mug and slowly unwinding the scarf from around her neck. she cursed the cold weather of winter in ohio, desperately trying to warm her numb fingers.

she heard the bell over the cafe door ring a few times, signaling someone had come in but she didn't bother to look up, knowing josh would still be five to ten minutes, instead she scrolled through her phone and waited. she was almost jumping in her seat, only a few minutes until she and him would meet face to face.

she glanced up every few seconds to check if he was there, but instead, her eyes latched onto a very familiar yellowed haired boy, getting out of a car outside. she inwardly gasped, blinked a few times before opening her kik chat with josh, typing frantically.

___

becca: JUSHOMGHELPMEHELP

becca: I JUST SAW A GOD

becca: I JST SAW FRICKEN JOSH DUN WTF HELP

becca: ADGJAGAFGGSHH HELP

becca: JOSH WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU I NEED YOU 

becca: HES COMING TO THE COFFEE SHOP WHAT DO I DO OMG IM GONNA BE SICK

becca: wait, should i go up to him??????

becca: idk what to do. i kinda wanna hide under the table... i need you here  n o w  joshua
____

becca glanced back up to see her idol of five years in the short queue, ordering a coffee. she felt a blush creep onto her cheeks as she studied his side profile, she must admit, he looked so much better in person. his head started to turn slightly, as if he had felt her eyes on him and she quickly looked back down at her phone, continuing her frantic texting to josh.

she only looked up again when she felt someone sit opposite her a few seconds later, and seeing the bright yellow hair across from her, she let out an involuntary squeak. josh fricking dun was sitting at her table.

"uh-uhm- y-you're.. j-" she stuttered, slightly dazed by his presence.

he smirked at her before nodding, "and you're becca." he said back to her, making her jaw drop and eyes widen.

"h-how do you... -what?" now she was even more puzzled. he simply smirked again and pulled out his phone, and showed her his lock screen.

there were her messages. 

to josh. 

josh.

she let out a small gasp, shrinking down in her seat and groaning.

"it was you? this whole time?"

he nodded slowly raising his eyebrowed and she let out another groan and buried her face in her hands. 

"i can't believe i... i fangirled about you, to you..."

he grinned at her, "actually, it was pretty funny, to be honest." he put his phone down and pulled her hands away from her face, "told you you'd meet twenty one pilots today," he winked, making her blush.

"why didn't you tell me it was you?" she pouted fiddling with her empty coffee cup.

josh shrugged, "at first i thought that if i told you who i really was, you would tell people what my kik is, but then i realised that i could trust you, it had already become too late to tell you, i didn't know how to do it without making you angry." he said sheepishly.

"i cant believe this... i was talking to josh dun for months without realizing it.." she shook her head, dazed, "wow."

he laughed and started telling her about how angry tyler had been when he found out that josh was talking to a fan, and becca told him about her family back in england. they shared stories after stories of their childhood and life and before they knew it, it was dark out. 

they both stood up and gathered their things, still laughing at josh's story, which was named 'the cake incident', which involved tyler falling headfirst into a wedding cake... yep. 

"how long are you in columbus for?" josh asked as they walked outside into the bitter, winter air.

"about two weeks, then i go back to cleveland and back to my old life." becca sighed, "I'm mainly here visiting some family of mine, seeing you is just an added bonus."

josh grinned at her, "are you gonna come back here soon?" 

she shrugged, "hopefully, but I'll have to get time off work, and I've already taken loads of days off." josh nodded understandably before realizing they were in front of becca's car. josh hesitated for a second, before inwardly saying 'fuck it' and wrapped his arms around her.

becca was slightly taken aback, before wrapping her arms around him and resting her head on his chest. "thank you." she whispered, and before he had a chance to say anything else she unwrapped herself from him and walked to her car before getting inside. 

A/N

possibly the worst thing I've ever written I'm so sorry