Comimg Home

I

~Your POV~

I was returning home from a long voyage overseas, it truly was a lovely trip. I went to (place), and I saw beautiful sights. As l enter my home, I noticed my family in the drawing room. "She is just a child. She can't do anything by herself!" A mans voice echoed the halls, my face turned hot, out of frustration and anger. Was he talking about me!? I thought to myself. I straightened my back and started to walk closer and closer until I was at the door, "How dare you insult your own niece!", I opened it to find my aunt and uncle, and my mother and father. They stared at me with wide eyes in fear, "Whom may you be talking about?" I asked politely. (Note: you were mature for your age.) "Nothing! We were just saying how our new maid couldn't do anything around the house." My uncle tried to cover it up. "Liar." I said with a voice with pure disgust. I walked out leaving them there, and began to walk up to my room to change for dinner. Later, I sat on my king sized bed with silk sheets. The moon light shining through the window, the only light in the room. I felt hurt that my uncle would insult me! The next in line and he was saying I wasn't independent! I'll show him. I thought to myself. My face held a expression of frustration while my eyes were dead, cold and blank. My maid came and changed my into my sleeping garments, I lied in bed and drifted off to sleep.

~The next morning~
I had left early hearing that someone was in want of help, I asked if one of my cousins would give me a false record so I can get a job, he did. I went forth to the place someone told me about. I found a tall handsome man with a black petticoat. "Hello, might this be the place in want of a maid?" I asked nicely, "It would. Would you like to apply?" He said with a smile. "Yes, Indeed I would." I gave him a charming smile. And after an hour it was over. "I shall tell you tomorrow, whether or not you get the job, now if you would tell me where you live so I can send you a letter." He said looking at some papers, "That won't be necessary, I shall come here tomorrow at 2 sharp, I do care for a good walk." I answer swiftly with one of my reassuring smiles, "Very well." He said with a surprised look which soon after turned into a smile. And so it was decided that I was to meet with Sebastian, or I think that was his name, tomorrow. I walked home with a smile on my face, for today was going so smoothly. As I got home, I walked over to my room and summoned my maid, (M/N), and told her all about it. She was very pleased with my decision saying that I would be a wonderful maid. I asked if in the middle of the night she could teach me the basics, although I was not sure if I had acquired the job, I still went forward with this. Later, it was really easy so far, she gave me advice, "Remember when addressing your master, do not address him by his first name.They hate it when you do, it shows lack of respect and remember that you are supposed to be of lower level and class. And you must always keep a prefect posture." And with that she gave me a thumbs up. And left to go find a spare maid uniform for me. I decided it was time for me to go to sleep.

~A couple of hours later~
I had my breakfast in bed instead of the dining room. I got dressed and walked to town again, seeing how my house was 2 hours away, with the exception that I have woken up late. I arrived at the door at 2 sharp just like I said. I was about to knock when the door opened revealing Sebastian's face, "My, you didn't lie when you said you'd come at 2 sharp." He said with a smile, "A lady always keeps her word." He gestured for me to walk through, and so I did. I sat in one of the chairs, and he had served me Earl Grey tea. My favorite. I smile as the aroma filled the air, then he began to speak, "I am pleased to inform, that you, (Y/N) (F/L/N), have been excepted for this job. I have checked out your resume, and every thing seems to be in order, you will be able to arrive at the Phantomhive's Manor today or tomorrow. For your convenience." He gave me a neatly folded up paper that had my new masters address on it, I was relieved. We said our goodbyes for now and parted ways, I had a skip in my step. I hope that I do well in the future and will be able to please their requirements. I walked most of the way until my heels had started to form blisters, so I called a carriage. I got home in 30 minutes, just in time for tea and desserts. Later, I got out one of my smallest trunks, I gathered everything I needed for my departure. Who is the pathetic one now? I thought to myself, my maid came in shortly. "Are you sure about this, Mistress (Y/N)?" She had a concerned look on her face as she handed my maid dress, "Positive." I gave her a smirk, letting her know that I was going to be alright for now. I dress up in a rather plain dress, and snuck out of my now former home.
I looked at the address, and examined it closely making sure I knew what I was going. I was able to request for a carriage to take me to the manor, I was a bit tired on the way so I took the liberty of taking a quick nap. Not long after I have reached my destination.