Grave Walker- The Technological Spectre#3: Time

CUT TO: HOSPITAL (PAST)

EXT. HOSPITAL- NIGHT

EDGAR WALKS INTO THE HOSPITAL ROOM WHERE HIS DAD IS AND THEN SEES HIM LAYING IN THE HOSPITAL BED. BEING BADLY INJURED EDGAR LEANS OVER BESIDE HIS DAD. 

[Edgar] 

... Dad...?

[Dr. Sang] 

He's in a coma. 

[Edgar] 

Well is he going to be okay? 

[Dr. Sang] 

Only time will tell. 

[Edgar] 

What happened? 

[Dr. Sang] 

A drunk driver. Your dad had the light and as he was going through the drunk driver t-boned him. The car rolled over twice. 

EDGAR LOOKS AT HIS DAD AND THEN LOOKS AT DR. SANG WITH AN ANGRY FACE. 

[Edgar] 

What happened to the drunk driver? 

[Dr. Sang] 

He... fled the scene. I'm sorry. 

[Edgar] 

... This sucks. 

CARRIE COMES INTO THE ROOM AND THEN HUGS EDGAR. SHE THEN LOOKS AT JOSEPH AND A TEAR FALLS DOWN HER FACE. EDGAR NOTICES THIS AND THEN PATS HIS MOM ON THE BACK. 

[Edgar]

It'll be okay mom.

[Carrie]

Yeah... yeah, it'll be fine. 

CUT TO: LATER 

EXT. HOSPITAL ROOM- MORNING 

EDGAR WAKES UP TO SEE HIS MOM COMING BACK INTO THE ROOM. TRYING TO HOLD BACK TEARS SHE BREAKS DOWN AND THEN EDGAR RUSHES TO HER SIDE.

[Edgar] 

What's going on? What happened? 

[Carrie] 

They can keep him on life support as long as the money comes in on time. His health insurance will cover the first couple of months but after that we'll be on our own. But I have the option to take him off of life support right now. 

[Edgar] 

You're not going to are you? 

[Carrie] 

...

[Edgar] 

Are you?

[Carrie] 

... It it comes down to it I will. 

[Edgar] 

You... you can't! He'll wake up! He has to wake up! We just need to give him a little time!

[Carrie] 

I know. I know. Look, we're going to get through this. Taking him off life support is the last resort. I just need you to not to worry about it too much, we have to take this one step at a time. You hear me?

[Edgar]

... Yes, ma'am. I understand.

CUT TO: PRESENT DAY