~Three~

Arabella's POV

"Arabella!" The wolf alpha growls. My hands tighten around the struggling wolf in my hands. "Let James go! Now!"

"You forget who you disrespect." Mason speaks up. His eyes dangerously hard. He never speaks unless he knows I'll allow it. I flash him a dangerous glare. I fight my own battles. I shove the werewolf onto his knees.

"Kneel." I hiss out. Then I look up at the wolf alpha. Smiling prettily. "Alpha, I hope you know what I mean when I say, this is war."

He opens his mouth to speak, but I use his moment of speechlessness to grasp the werewolf's hair. I pull his head to the side. Then in a quick move, I sink my teeth into his neck. He stops struggling, sighing. The Alpha looks enraged. He snarls at me. I pull back from the now moaning werewolf. Letting him slump down.

"Disrespect me again, wolf." I dare. Using a thumb to remove blood out of the corner of my mouth. I walk away. My heels clicking.

~~~

Mason gets to my elbow, apology in his eyes. Cade looks right at the ground. His hands picking at his shirt.

"How is it that whenever you vamp out I get all hot and bothered?" Derek asks. His hands grasping my hips as we get out of sight. He presses a kiss to my neck. Then he pulls back completely. Mason grasps the door and holds it open as we all walk into the school.

"She seems more dangerous than." Dorian starts. Catching my eyes as he keeps pace with Derek behind Cade, Mason, and me.

"I love it when you talk sophisticated." I tell him with a slight sharp edge. He always talks formally, so I always find a way to comment on it.

"I get a class alone with you right?" Derek asks. His fingers tapping his thighs to a song only he hears. It had me intrigued me 30 years ago. The world was different then. He found himself an outsider. He was a street kid. Grimy. His pretty blue eyes were made of ice. Now his eyes shine a deep crimson.

"Hmm." I answered. It was what I answered with when I wasn't sure. His shoulders bulk up and he loses expression as we leave the ghost hallway and enter a highly populated hallway. They all tense. Blank faces. This was something I taught all of them. They can't risk someone seeing that they are more than just my lieges. Then they will get preyed on by my enemies.

"Ms. Arabella Monroe." A woman walks towards me. I stop. Not meeting her halfway. She's a siren. Rare. Not sure how the Aldersmith's got a hold of one. I curl my lips in a sharp smile. My eyes hard on hers. The crowded hallway hushes as they notice me. We stand at the entryway of the hall.

"You must be my welcoming committee." I tell her. My voice sarcastic. I pop a hand on my hip. My short black dress is contributing to my bad girl look. Along with my heels. I lick my crimson red lips.

"My name is Jenny McAllister." Her voice is lilting. She added a little sweetness to it. I remain poised. But Cade's eyes snap up from their steady gaze on the floor. I restrain the urge to step in front of him. Jenny's eyes go to Cade's. "I see you've brought an entourage. Lovely. You did mention they would be enrolled as well. But you didn't give me any information on them. Come, let's walk to the office."

"Let's." I say. My tone cold. She turns her back, and I cast a quick glance to Mason. He gets beside Cade. Walking close to him. I watch Mason produce earplugs. Satisfied I walk forward. Alongside Jenny.

~~~

"We've never had a vampire enrolled here." She tells me leaning in, like it a secret. "Mr. Aldersmith is very territorial. Since he is a werewolf after all. How did you convince him to let you in, along with four guests?" She adds some siren-ing. I laugh.