~Four~

Daemon's POV

"Tell me what class she's in." I demand. The principal smiles condescendingly. There is something off about him.

"I don't give student information out like that, Daemon. You should know that. I'm disappointed in you." He says. I glare at him. My wolf coming to life behind my eyes.

"Just tell me where-"

"You're looking for Arabella?" The voice is cold. I turn, seeing one of the men surrounding Arabella out in the courtyard earlier. He has a sharp distinct smell. Vampire. Obviously sired by Arabella. That part of her makes me sick.

"Do you know where she is?" I ask coldly. My spine straightening. I'm already late for class.

"Of course I do." His green eyes are calculating. He's the only one of those statue like guys to say anything earlier. His look is blank. His eyes narrowed on me. He has dark brown hair. It's set on his head in obviously perfected strokes. How old is he? I wonder absently.

"Tell me where she is. She's my soulmate and she needs me."

"Needs you?" A guy cracks up laughing next to him. His red eyes dancing with mischievous. He hooks an arm around the first guys shoulders. "Mason, he said she needs him."

"I heard." Mason says cooly. The second guy calms down but directs his gaze to mine.

"Do yourself a favor. Leave Arabella alone. You already made her angry. While her anger doesn't last long, it's vicious while it's there. She might kill off your whole pack if you're not careful." He doesn't offer a hand but he nods at me respectfully. "I'm Derek. Don't stress, man. She'll stay clear of you after she gets you back for disrespecting her. In the meantime, back off. Stop looking for her. She doesn't need you, but she doesn't want you either."

"Look, Derek." I say. My arms crossing. "This mate bond, it isn't something you can control. It's going to seal us together forever. Our life forces will be tied together, and we will want each other around constantly. She isn't even going to want to keep you guys as her little pets when I'm there. This mate bond isn't going to go away. It isn't some joke. It's a once in a lifetime thing. You can't walk away from that."

"I tried to warn you. Just remember that." Derek says coldly. The pet comment probably got to him. I might still be a bit jealous from her mouth on James' neck. It's not like I can hate my friend though. I can hate this dickhead.

"Bye, Daemon." Mason says coldly. Walking away. Derek's arms leave his shoulders and they leave silently.

"You shouldn't make an enemy of those men." Aiden Aldersmith remarks. Looking at me with seriousness. "They have been with Arabella longer than you've been alive."

"How do you know that? And since when are vampires allowed in this school?" I turn to face him fully. My voice lowering at Vampires. Too many supernatural ears. But, there isn't really a point. Arabella will be targeted. By her little pets' smells.

"Arabella is an exception to this rule. Very charming that one. She tends to get what she wants. The answer to how I know that, we are old friends." I don't get any time to contemplate how old of friends they are. "Get to class, Daemon. By the way, where is that twin brother of yours?"

"At home sick." I lie easily. Aiden just quirks an eyebrow. Humming as he walks away. Not looking pleased.

~~~

"You're such a weirdo." My brother says through the phone. I groan. Nodding. For once, Dmitri is right. I am weird. I'm trying to sniff out where she's at. It wouldn't have been weird if I was in wolf form, but now that it isn't instinct. I feel like a stalker.

"Shut up. You would do the same thing if you had a mate." I defend.

"I already have one." He insists. Then he goes on about how they finally acknowledged each other. The jist of it is this: she insulted him openly. He took it and smiled.

"She isn't your mate, Dmitri." I tell him. Turning down the hall to the restrooms. There are only a few doors down this hall. The janitor's closet, boys bathroom, girls bathroom, and the storage room.

"Yes. She is. I just have to get a good skin to skin contact touch and I'll know for sure-"

"No. Dmitri. I met my real mate. I knew right away. The world stopped, and all that girly shit. My whole body screamed the word mate at me and it was so much better than I imagined." I tell him. Halfway down the hall. I think the smell is coming from the storage closet.

"Isn't that just the sweetest, sappiest thing you've ever heard?" At her voice I spin around. Facing Arabella. "You looking for me, Daemon? On the phone with your brother Dmitri?"

"Oh god. Her voice. Tell her to say my name again." Dmitri is obviously faking his reaction. But he does like her voice. When he said 'her voice' it was all sincerity. But his voice was too fakily enthusiastic afterwards to be real.

"Shut up, Dmitri. I gotta go." I tell him. Hearing him laughing in the phone before I end the call. "Arabella."

"Daemon." She says again. Stroking the already burning inferno caused by her presence.

"We need to talk."

"Yes. But first, I'm hungry. Come here." Her voice is so absent of emotion. But it's like I don't have a choice. I know she didn't compel me. My feet move to her. My instinct screaming how right this is.

"Arabella?" I hate how my voice is a bit breathy. She smirks up at me. Then she points a long painted red nail at the ground.

"Kneel." And I do. My instincts fight against me. Telling me to dominate. But I don't. I just look up at her. Glaring slightly. I've been compelled. But this isn't compulsion. It's like I want to do this. Once I realize I'm not choosing this I almost stand. Then she leans down. Her lips pressing to my neck. I stop thinking with my brain and start thinking with my dick.

~~~

Arabella's POV

In theory, Daemon's blood isn't the best I've had. Werewolf blood is always too woodsy for me. Cade's is actually so much better. But it still has me wanting more than I should take. My hand goes to his shoulders to steady myself. This is not supposed to feel so good. I gulp down another mouthful. My moves are messy. Like I have been starving myself. I find the phrase 'ravish him' coming to mind.

"Daemon, you little alpha." I say. Once I pull back. Wiping a stray trail of blood off my chin with a finger. He looks a bit pale. But he'll heal. That mess of blood won't be cleaned easily. "Hater of vampires. You smell like me. Got bit by me. What will your precious pack think now? You bend to my will without even fighting it. You're just a silly little boy. I hear there's a rejection thing for mates. I'll figure out that. And after I pummel your little pack, I'll reject you and leave you for dead." My voice is matter of fact. I don't show any of the enjoyment I felt. Because, that was just delicious. Instead, I look down my little nose at him.

"Wait-" He slurs. He stands swaying slightly. He still looks mushy after my feeding. I took more than I should have.

"And stop talking to my 'pets' as you put it. They're mine. And I don't want you, or any of your little pack near them." I tell him. My voice absolute. Then I add, "Also, stop looking for me. I'll find you when I want to."

My heels click loudly as I walk away. My face set in a smug smirk. I love when I get my dramatic exits, and the last word. His voice stops me just as I get to the end.

"I know you won't do any of that, Arabella." I turn. He stands there blood soaking his collar, his arms out, looking smug. His dark blue eyes steady on mine. "You like me. You are attracted to me. Your threats are empty. All you want is me. Admit it, firecracker. You want me. And not just for my werewolf blood."