Olivia Cared Enough To Leave Her House

Olivia laid on her bed, thinking, same as she had been for the past hour and a half. Sometimes it was her favorite thing to do, laying there. Same position for the past ten years. She had been collecting her thoughts in a journal for a while when she started, but soon realized that she hated it, and would rather sit and think about life without a journal, thanks. Only fourteen at that point, and already sitting and theorizing about life. It made sense though, for her to theorize. Her brother, who was eighteen at the time, theorized about many things, though namely video games, a lot. So much. So freaking much. It was no wonder she thought so much.

Anyway, as I was saying, Olivia laid on her bed, thinking. She was, at the moment, contemplating exactly why she had no friends except her brother. He had friends. He was married! She was kind of friends with his wife, but they didn't really do friend things all that much. They never really went to eat, or went shopping, or whatever it was friends did. Olivia didn't know, she sat in her apartment and played video games all day. It wasn't like she didn't enjoy that, because she did! Very much so. But sometimes she missed going to the movies with a friend, like she did in high school. So she made her decision: She initiated her plan—Plan: Sit And Contemplate Exactly Why You Have No Friends. So far, it was working fantastically. She had come up with a list.

Exactly Why Olivia Has No Friends: A List by Olivia Katherine Patrick

You never leave your house, you loser.

You play video games all day

The only person you consistently talk to is your brother

Wow

Heh, doge.

Your stupid list contains dank memes. 

At this point, she was getting a bit depressed. So she created another plan: Plan Actually Go Out And Do Something Tonight, You Loser. While it was a plan she wasn't entirely sure would go well, she still was determined to carry it out.

She went to a place she had never been: a bar. They were playing folk-pop music. She almost laughed at the differences between what her mind had thought of and what the bar actually was like. They were playing 'Skinny Love' by Birdy. She was glad she came.

She walked up to the counter, more confidence in her step than before. She was greeted by a bubbly, excited girl that looked about Olivia's age. She was singing along to the music, with a sort of strange accent Olivia hadn't heard before. Her nametag read 'Cameron'. She looked nice, Olivia thought. She didn't exactly have a whole lot of experience with people though. In this case, it didn't matter. Cameron was a very friendly person, after all, if not a little too excited.

"Hi! What can I get'cha?" Cameron exclaimed, brightening even more, if it was possible, at the sight of a customer.

"Just water actually." Olivia said. "Came here looking more for a friend than a drink." She explained.

"Oh. 'M afraid you've come to the wrong place, actually." Cameron said, handing Olivia the water. "See, we don't get a whole bunch of customers. You're my third today." She explained. "Oh, but I'll talk to 'ya awhile!" She exclaimed, seeing the somber expression on Olivia's pale face. As soon as she said that, Olivia's face turned a bright shade of red, only a bit darker than pink.

"You really don't have to, I'll understand..." Olivia trailed off. But Cameron wouldn't let it go.

"Please. I don't get to talk much 'round here. No one comes during the day, and I never work the night shift. Only socialization I get's the villagers in Skyrim." Cameron shied away from the taller girl at her last sentence, and looked away, but Olivia brightened. Video games! Perfect, something to talk about!

They talked until Cameron's shift was over, and no other customers walked in. Before Olivia walked out the door, Cameron hurried after her and gave her a small piece of paper. It was Cameron's phone number. It also said 'Text: From the bar'. Olivia gave her new friend a small smile and walked out, proud of herself.

Honestly, guys, I hate A/N's as much as you probably do, but I do put a lot of effort into the chapters, and I want you not to hate it, so, with that, question: What do you think of Cameron? Good character? Ok thanks. I won't waste your time anymore. Bye!