how I justify what I did;

|| EDITED ||

"You knew." Elara storms up to him throwing her staff with a loud clank against the ground, pushing harshly against his chest.

"This whole time you knew that I was definitely going to die tonight" she growls with clenched teeth.

"Ela-" Rick attempts to cut in and explain himself furthur,

"Why in the fucking hell have you saved my life multiple times, if I was supposed to die?" Elara says more to herself than to him, as she looks to the ground confused for a moment before looking back up at Rick.

"El-"

"Un-fucking-believeable!" she sucks in a deep breath of air, "You're a fucking asshole! Two faced. Fucking. Asshole! Ugh, I'm so confused!"

"Ela-" He tries again, but Elara is burning with rage that she doesn't hear anything that comes out of his mouth.

"Is there a set time? Is now the time you're supposed to blow my head off! Is there a countdown or something?"

"Elara!" He shouts trying again, but is once again ignored

"You know what?" She lets out a humorless laugh, she throws her hands up pathetically and drops them loose to her sides.

"I'm not even mad about it, or about the Enchantress and her- her whatever the fuck that other thing is to her."

Her voice is loud and intimidating, that Rick can hear it clearly over the pouring rain. Rick can see that her chest is rising and falling rapidly, her words starting to stutter slightly.

"Actually you know what?" She doesn't let him answer, just points at him angrily "I am mad. How could you turn on someone you've trained and fought with?" Elara begins to take her anger out on him again, as she pounds her hands against his chest with every sentence.

"You train with me. Fight alongside me. Lead me. Save my life. Only to end it now! Why?"

"Because you're all criminals Elara! That's wh-" Rick yells at her, but is quickly cut off by Elara,

"Oh cause we're criminals?! That's how you justif-"

"YES! I'm doing what is right for my coun-"

"Oh come on really?!" Elara rolls her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest,

"What the fuck happened to you Flag?! From what little I've seen in your mind I know that you were a half decent guy before you got involved with A.R.G.U.S Marines!" She shouts, she takes a few breaths to calm herself

"So what happened to you that made you see the world differently? As good and bad? Huh? Does it have to do with those scars all over your body?"

Rick tenses at the mention at the topic, taking a step back from her, she takes a few deep breaths before calmly speaking

"Look I don't know what exactly what happened bu-"

"Exactly!" He spits at her, he raises a finger to point at her accusingly,

"You don't know jack shit of what happened!"

Rick's jaw tightens and his teeth clench together, Elara can tell that this topic is stressful and a touchy subject for him, but she needs answers from him. Rick knows all about her and her dark past, she just wants to even the playing field and get to know him a bit more.

"I've never feared death until now, in this moment knowing I had the chance to avenge my family and gain some sort of closure but in a single second, I fucked it up. I missed." Elara explains