Secret Santa Entry

For the Tumblr user Bunsndhugs (who I highly recommend 👌👌) For the 2016 AmeriPan Secret Santa. I flipped my lid when I found out that I got a very popular person •^•

This is basically a little fluff one shot that is kind of a mood ring AU. I really hope you enjoy~!

••••••

Most of the time when he looked into someone's eyes, he saw gray, or yellow. Most of the time, he didn't like the ones with gray eyes. They were usually the boring, careless, shallow people. But, at times there was a rare exception.

Alfred Jones was a Junior in high school. 16, athletic, in college bound classes. He considered himself pretty normal, as far as normal went. Of course, no one was ever entirely normal.

If there was ever a person to attest to eyes being the window to the soul, it was Alfred. Whenever he looked at anyone, regardless of who they were, their eyes were a color. Not a normal color, but one that depended on their emotions. He'd finally figured it out when he was about 7, after a few years of constant anxiety, and people laughing at his cute little "game." Nowadays, Alfred was just glad he decided to shut up about it before he got thrown into a mental hospital for seeing things.

In time, he figured out what all of the colors meant.

Red was Anger
Orange was Embarrassment
Yellow was Happiness
Green was Guilt
Blue was Saddness
Purple was Love
Pink was Determination
Gray was Curiosity
Brown was Disgust
Black was Fear
And Clear meant No Emotion at All

Alfred had actually grown to love surveying emotions. It made him feel a bit like a superhero, able to see how people really feel and know how to help them.

Until now, he'd never had trouble with that. Until he noticed one particular thing about a dark-haired boy in his Spanish class.

His eyes were almost always clear.

It made him wonder. Most people at least had a light shade of yellow, blue, red, and the like when they weren't exactly expressing anything. But for the most part, his eyes were just as emotionless as his outer expressions.

He started wanting to ink emotions out of him himself. Maybe he could startle him and get black? No, that wouldn't work. Yellow would be nice. He could give him something he really liked and make him happy.

Later in the day he decided to go to the library during study hall. Usually he didn't find reading very enjoyable, but he did like browsing through the sports section sometimes. He was looking at the books on the bottom shelf when he noticed a pair of white and blue sneakers on the other side. He stood up and cautiously looked over the bookshelf again, to see a pale face and straight black hair looking down, clear eyes gazing at a book.

Alfred watched carefully as he held the book he was currently looking at with one arm. He looked up, seemingly trying to get something from the top shelf. Alfred grimaced from second-hand embarrassment when the other couldn't seem to reach it. He carefully pushed the region of books on his side in a bit, to make the books on the other boy's side stick out a bit. Maybe he could reach it now?

The boy seemed surprised, to say the least, and Alfred swore through his minimal vision that he might have seen gray.

"Is someone there?" The boy asked, looking through the narrow crack above the books for the first time.

"O-Oh, um..." Alfred bent down, looking through the same crack, "Yeah, hi! Don't think I'm like, um... weird or anything, but you were struggling there."

"I suppose I was..." He muttered, taking the one book he needed and rightening the others that were also pushed forward.

"You're... Kiku, right?" Alfred asked, smiling a bit. He figured if he wanted to find out about his eyes he should at least get to know him. Kiku nodded, making Alfred grin.