~4~

Later Optimus sat in front of the portal frame as he played with the wrench and waited for the team to come back. He was worried and wanted to help but Ratchet told him he couldn't go. He still didn't know why, he was their leader after all. He wanted to lead them. Maybe next time he could sneak away without the medic knowing.

He suddenly heard Miko scream and he jumped. The little Prime turned around and saw the girl by her speaker. She screamed again and jumped onto the speaker as a spider crawled to her. The sparkling narrowed his optics.

"Arachnid." He muttered and got up as he transformed his servos into cannons. "I'll save you Miko!" He shouted as he ran over. He took aim and fired at it several times. Miko yelled in surprise and took cover. Ratchet spun around optics wide as he heard the blasts.

"No Optimus!" He yelled and ran over to him. The sparkling stood in front of Miko and continued to shoot at the spider. Jack and Raf watched from the humans area, eyes wide.

After another shot he stopped and stared at the scorch mark where the spider had been. He smiled brightly and stood up straighter as he looked at Miko.

"Protecting all human life from Decepticons." He said seriously as he smiled. Ratchet sighed quietly and looked at all the scorch marks on the floor. At least he didn't hurt anything. He looked at the remains of the spider. Almost.

"Optimus you can't use those in here. You might hurt the kids." He said seriously and watched him transform his cannons back to servos.

"But I saved Miko." He said proudly and puffed out his chest chassis as he put his servos on his hips. The girl couldn't help but smile at him and walked over.

"And I thank you for that little Opie." She said and kissed his helm. He blushed with embarrassment and looked at the floor. Ratchet gave her a nasty look.

"Do you remember that threat?" He muttered as he glared at her.

"I didn't do anything wrong." She said innocently and pouted. The medic grumbled something and glanced at the little Prime. The sparkling was sitting by the scorch mark and poking it. Ratchet sighed in exasperation and walked away to the computer.

A little later the others returned with energon and Optimus was told he had to stay on the berth as the bots worked. He did as he played with his wrench but then got bored. He jumped down and ran over to Bumblebee as the scout carried some cubes. Optimus walked along side him and reached for him.

"Bee carry me!" He said as he smiled happily. Bumblebee wasn't sure how he was going to do that, but didn't want to say no.

Bulkhead chuckled softly and took the scouts load before walking off. The young bot picked up the little sparkling and put him on his shoulders. The sparkling giggled happily and held on as he walked around. The scout paused at the scorch marks and furrowed his optic ridges.

"Look Bee! Look!" The sparkling said excitedly as he pointed to one. Bumblebee crouched down to look at the mark he pointed to. 

"I shot Arachnid." He whispered quietly. "She was trying to hurt Miko." He said and glared at the spot. Bumblebee chuckled softly and looked at it. He found it interesting how the sparkling pronounced the girls name. It was kind of cute.

::Well... you did a good job protecting her.:: he beeped quietly and smiled slightly. The sparkling squealed happily and hugged his helm.

"I'm going to be a big bot one day like you." He said quietly and smiled. "I'll protect Miko, Jack and Raf. I'll be a great leader one day." He mumbled as he closed his optics. He was tired from the day's events. Bumblebee was quiet for a moment and stared at nothing in particular.