One

'It's been twenty years. Twenty full years have passed since I took Hiccup. I wonder what we should do for our birthdays?' Toothless thinks as he helps Hiccup work on his Norse.

"Do you remember how to say hello?" He inquires as Hiccup's face scrunches up in concentration.

"Wasn't it like, h-he-hello? Was that right?" Toothless's expression drops dramatically as he says Hiccup is wrong.

"Bud! Stop lying. I know I got it right that time!" He suddenly looks somber. "Toothless?"

"Yeah?"

"If you hadn't taken me, do you think I would've still found out that I was part dragon?"

Toothless jumps up and snarls in rage. "Who told you that, Hiccup? Who?!? You weren't supposed to find out about that until the Alpha told you!"

Hiccup shrinks back under the glowering stare of his best friend. "No one told me, I overheard you and Scarlet talking about it! Why did you say that I was a prince?

Toothless shakes his head in dismay. "Hiccup, I can't tell you. It's the orders of the Alpha."

"Oh. Alright. Do... do you want to go for a fly? We might find a new island!"

Sighing, Toothless agrees to go on a trip, under one condition. "We have to come back in a few weeks. Otherwise, you know how the Alpha gets!"

Hiccup grumbles, but grudgingly agrees to the condition. "Fine. One month?"

"Fine."

*~~~*

They set off an hour later, and began looking for new islands. Soon, a wall of fog came up, and they began to fly slower through it. Toothless begins to growl. "Bud? What's the matter?"

"This place. It seems, familiar, in a way, but I don't know why,"

"It's probably nothing Bud. Don't worry."

Suddenly, they burst through the fog. Spotting an island up ahead, they decide to land down there. Landing softly, they find a nice cove where they can rest up.

"You stay here, okay Bud? I'm going to explore for a bit."Hiccup turns around to see Toothless already sound asleep. Laughing the guttural, chopped, laugh of a dragon, he starts off.

He walks for a while, until he hears a twig snap behind him. Spinning around, and expecting to see a dragon, he roars loudly. Instead of a scaly figure however, a blond girl with an axe raised is there. Gaping at him, she turns and flees in the direction of the cove.

"Stop! Stop! Don't go there! Please!" Of course, all she hears is a combination of razors and growls. He groans, realizing he was speaking Krokonja, the language of the dragons, not Norse

"S-stop!" He yells, and she looks over her shoulder with an expression of fear. He speeds up and sprints past her, spinning around and hissing, once again in Krokonja, "Turn back, putrid human!"

Shrieking, she runs at him with her axe raised. He sighs, knowing he didn't want it to come to this, but he pulls out one of his inventions. Inferno. Grumbling, he opens it up. Flames shoot down the blade of the sword he was holding. Jabbing the hilt into her gut, she falls over, and cannot get up. He walks toward her, and she starts yelling.

"Please! Don't kill me! I don't want to die this young!" Hiccup presses a spot on her shoulder and she blacks out, not to wake until the next morning. As Hiccup looks down at her, he knows she can't stay here. Where there are Vikings, there has to be a village. He turns in the direction he was originally walking, and eventually finds the village he assumes she came from. The bright sun nearly blinds him for a moment, as he walks her into the center of her village. Whispers shoot from every direction, as Vikings stop what they are doing and watch the man carrying the girl they know to be Astrid. A door slams open and a great booming voice calls out.

"What is the matter here?"

Voices begin to direct at the large man whose name is Stoick. One of the people cries out louder than the rest.

"Should we get 'im, Stoick?"

"What's that he's carrying?"

"It's Astrid, Stoick."

When the man hears this, he thunders out the command. "Seize him!"

Hiccup could understand some Norse, and that command he did. Gently placing Astrid down, he turns to meet his oncoming enemies. Once again taking out Inferno, he releases Zippleback gas out of the hilt, and sparks it, leaving the villagers covered in ash and coughing to get the smoke out of their lungs. By time they could all see again, Hiccup was gone, but he had left Astrid there. Stoick began to bark out orders.

"Organize yourselves! We are sending out a search party! You lot, search the woods!" He yelled at the group of twenty-year-olds of the island.
"You! Search the beach! Don't let this... this scoundrel get away!" The gang, for that was what they were called, began to charge into the woods, searching for their mysterious invader.

"Toothless! We need to go!" Hiccup roars as he shows up at the cove. "Toothless?" He looks around the cove, panicking as he sees Toothless is nowhere to be found. Hiccup listens hard, and sniffs for Toothless's scent. He didn't need to though. A high pitched shriek alerted him to where he was.

"NIGHT FURY!" Snotlout yells in fear. Toothless can smell that this Viking was near his beloved friend.

"Where is Hiccup?!?" He growls and roars with rage, until another noise calms him down.

"Toothless! Stop! I'm here! We need to go!" The two Vikings that looked identical looked around to find the source of the new growls.

"Hey guys! Look at what I found!" The male one yells, pointing to Hiccup.

"You didn't find him, I did!" The other one yells, punching the male in the face. Hiccup jumps down from the tree he was perched in.

"Come on! We need to go!" Toothless tries to fly to him, but he falls down immediately. "Toothless?"

"I can't fly! My tail is hurt!" He begins to grumble under his breath. We're so distracted that we don't notice the large one has gone.

"Chief! We found him! Come quick!" Stoick jumps up and runs after Fishlegs, who was running as fast as he could. When they got near, they saw him and a Night Fury, face if each other and growling.

"What in the name of Thor?" Creeping up on them, he knocks the dragon out. "Grab him!" He yells at the young adults, and they scurry to tie up the invader. Suddenly, and inexplicably, he yells something he thought he would never hear.

"Don't... don't... hurt. Don't hurt Toothless!"

Stoick begins to bark out a laugh.

"You expect me to not hurt this... beast?"

"P-please!" Tears are brimming in his eyes. That must have pushed him over, because he agrees.

"Alright! We won't hurt him. For now." A smile lights up the intruders face, and he walks calmly with them to the village. Stoick brings him to the arena. "We'll deal with you tomorrow."