Four

Finishing with what he thought would work as a prosthetic tail fin for Toothless and a saddle, Hiccup turns towards the door of the forge to leave. Instead of seeing the exit, he is met by an angry looking woman.

"What are you doing in here, Dragon Boy?" The unfamiliar woman sneered at him.

"Who are you?"

"I asked you a question fist!" The woman roars in his face.

"Crafting." She glared at Hiccup.

"I'm going to kill your dragon, you hear me boy? His kind took my only son! I will avenge Hiccup! I will kill your dragon!" Stoick shows up unexpectedly at the door.

"Valka? Are you- oh. There you are!" His gaze turns from soft to hard as he sees the Dragon boy standing there. "What are you doing here, boy? Valka, did he do anything?"

Finally removing her burning glare from the Dragon Boy, she faces her husband. "He didn't do anything except come into the forge and start tinkering!" Stoick looks furious at the fact that he not only rode dragons, but could use a forge as well!

"What did you make, boy? This isn't your forge, you know." As Stoick's large hands made their way towards Hiccup's inventions, he finds a dagger poised at his neck. The cold metal drops from his skin, and the boy is sheepishly standing a few feet back from where he was before.

"Sorry. Habit."

Frightened at the boy's speed, and trembling in his anger, Stoick attempted to stay calm.

"How do you consider it a habit to put daggers to a person's neck?"

"My enemies. They try to... steal my things."

"Your enemies."

"Yes." Switching the suspect back, Stoick asks the dreaded question.

"What is that stuff?"

"Stuff." At that last word, Hiccup rushes from the forge to find toothless.

"Toothless!" Panting slightly, Hiccup arrives at his friends cage.

"How do I get you out of there?"

"There's a lever! You have to pull it!"

"Thanks Bud." Pulling the lever, Hiccup releases all the dragons. He yells to the other dragons.

"Fly! Fly before they catch you! Fly due west, and find the Alpha! He will house you!" All the dragons nod their thanks to Hiccup, and go in direction indicated. Voices begin to shout, seeing the dragons flying.

"Come on Bud, we don't have much time. Please stand still." Hiccup quickly puts the tail on Toothless, and places the saddle on his back.

"Are you ready?"

"You know I am, Hiccup!" At Toothless's  agreement, they launch to the sky. Bolas are thrown at them, but they dodge them easily.

*~~~*

A few hours later, they had landed at the Alpha's nest.

"Toothless, I think you owe me an explanation."

"What are you talking about, Hiccup?"

"One of the women on the island said that a Night Fury took her child." Toothless was visibly nervous. Hiccup continues.

"She also said that her child name was Hiccup. That was me wasn't it? That was where you took me from." Toothless gulps.